Foundation Question

starrynight0127

I'm new to Specktra and fairly new to mac and such. I was wondering about the foundation color translation from one mac kind to another.
Currently I am an NC 37 for the studio sculpt - are the shades for the studio fix and other mac foundations very different or do you think I'd be safe ordering whatever in the NC 37?

also - my concealer...I'm using the studio sculpt as well, but I don't find it's totally covering my dark circles. It definitely lightens them, but I can still see them. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly? Any tips would be awesome!

Thank you!
winkiss.gif

missfaithy

AH, I'd love to help you on the foundation front -- but I currently only use the Studio Sculpt concealer.

I find it lightens my under-eye circles, but it does not completely cover them up -- I've done a little research & have found that a peach/salmon colored corrector (such as the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach or Dark Peach -- or Eve Pearl's Salmon Concealer & Treatment) work quite well under your concealer of choice.

HTH & G'luck!
th_DANCE.gif

onepinkdiamond

I can't speak for NC37 in Studio Sculpt foundation, but I am an NC37 in fix fluid (SFF) and got matched up for an NC30 in Studio Sculpt (SS)Foundation. I've heard that SS runs a little darker and more warm so your shade goes up. Also, the shades vary in ton depending on which shade; for example, NC37 in SS is a more yellowish equivalent to NC40 in SFF whereas NC40 in SS is the less yellow equivalent to NC40 in SFF. Another thing, with SFF, I personally notice NC40 is also a bit orange-y compared to NC40 in Studio Tech. Nonetheless, SFF definitely caters to shades that have more yellow in their undertones, the darker they are. I haven't used any of the other foundations, but that's my take on 'shade translation' in MAC foundations. HTH!