Foundation Recommendation Needed

enjoybeingagirl

This is my first post here! Yay! I am having so much fun sifting through the information.

On Monday I am going to a Mac store for the first time. I scheduled an appointment and I want to be ready for it. I’ve never had a makeover at a cosmetic retailer. I need advice for a foundation. I have been using Bare Escentuals foundation for the past 3 years but I am not getting the coverage I need. I have rosecea flair ups on my cheeks and I cannot get minerals to cover it. If I use too much and it looks cakey but if I do a light layer then it just doesn’t cover. I am so frustrated!

So, what type of foundation should I request? I want to have an idea before I go. I prefer a light feeling, matte finish. I appreciate any advice you may have
smiles.gif

lovelyweapon

The MA will probably recommend a good foundation depending on your skin type. A popular foundation that I also personally love is Studio Fix Fluid because it provides the perfect amount of coverage as well as sun protection. IMO, it gives you a flawless finish especially when you lightly use loose powder over it.

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
The MA will probably recommend a good foundation depending on your skin type. A popular foundation that I also personally love is Studio Fix Fluid because it provides the perfect amount of coverage as well as sun protection. IMO, it gives you a flawless finish especially when you lightly use loose powder over it.

I agree, I love SFF. But the MA should ask you about your skin type/problems/what coverage you like etc, and try a few suitable shades and types on you to make sure you're happy.

Kiseki

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +, it has great coverage, looks great, lasts considerably and photographs amazingly.

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +, it has great coverage, looks great, lasts considerably and photographs amazingly.

Amen Amen....FAR FAR better than MAC SFF IMO

enjoybeingagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon

Thank you for the suggestions! You are right, the MA talked with me abut the best foundation for my skin type and personal preference. I prefer powder foundations so she matched me up to Studio Fix NC20 with Select Cover NC 20 for areas where I needed more coverage.

kimmy

if you have dry skin, you're going to want to go with a liquid foundation. you might try studio fix fluid...it gives really good coverage and feels pretty lightweight.
smiles.gif