Foundation Recommendations? Has anyone tried MAC F&b or MUFE F&B?++

Stage Kitten

I want to switch back to liquid foundation (I have been using minerals for the last few months), but I am worried that going back to liquid will make me break out. Is MAC F&B oil free? I know that MUFE F&B has mineral oil which scares me a little : - /

PBunnieP

*Waves Frantically*

I've tried both the MAC and MUFE Face and Body foundations. I have very reactive skin as well and I'm also dealing with some minor but persistent acne issues. I had bought the MUFE one first and later the Mac. Here's a little breakdown:

MUFE:
-the newer version of this DOES NOT contain mineral oil anymore! I bought mine about a year ago and I carefully checked every single ingredient.
-great texture, gell formula...imagine...semi-set jello or like pudding
-light but decent coverage with one layer and definately buildable without being obvious
-no texture on the skin what so ever...feels just like water and almost leaves a "stain" of colour on the skin
-will not cover pores but somehow does visually enhance skin in a great way, very photogenic
-takes longer setting time...about 30seconds and does not dry matte, but rather a soft dewy finish
-*Doesn't appear to break me out thought i have not worn it consistently [everyday] to be sure*

MAC:
-has slight shimmer particles! Not really noticable on the skin but if put some on your hand and look at it in the shade, you can see some bits
-coverage is decent but doesn't build as nicely as MUFE...more satinfinish
-takes more product to get the same coverage at MUFE [but it does come in a HUGE 120ml bottle]
-wears nicely on the skin and photogenic as well
-*NO breakouts for me with this, I can wear it everday.

I do like both and I ALWAYS use the MUFE for photos because it captures great on film. For day to day I tend to wear MAC because its more satinfinish....winter times I go for MUFE since its a bit more moisturizing.

Hope that helped!

Stage Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBunnieP
*Waves Frantically*

I've tried both the MAC and MUFE Face and Body foundations. I have very reactive skin as well and I'm also dealing with some minor but persistent acne issues. I had bought the MUFE one first and later the Mac. Here's a little breakdown:

MUFE:
-the newer version of this DOES NOT contain mineral oil anymore! I bought mine about a year ago and I carefully checked every single ingredient.
-great texture, gell formula...imagine...semi-set jello or like pudding
-light but decent coverage with one layer and definately buildable without being obvious
-no texture on the skin what so ever...feels just like water and almost leaves a "stain" of colour on the skin
-will not cover pores but somehow does visually enhance skin in a great way, very photogenic
-takes longer setting time...about 30seconds and does not dry matte, but rather a soft dewy finish
-*Doesn't appear to break me out thought i have not worn it consistently [everyday] to be sure*

MAC:
-has slight shimmer particles! Not really noticable on the skin but if put some on your hand and look at it in the shade, you can see some bits
-coverage is decent but doesn't build as nicely as MUFE...more satinfinish
-takes more product to get the same coverage at MUFE [but it does come in a HUGE 120ml bottle]
-wears nicely on the skin and photogenic as well
-*NO breakouts for me with this, I can wear it everday.

I do like both and I ALWAYS use the MUFE for photos because it captures great on film. For day to day I tend to wear MAC because its more satinfinish....winter times I go for MUFE since its a bit more moisturizing.

Hope that helped!

It's good to know that MUFE no longer contains mineral oil! (The ingredient list on the Sephora site still shows mineral oil). Very helpful...thank you so much!

Oh, by the way, what is your skin type? I have combination skin (leaning toward the oily side).