Foundation recs for the palest of complexions!

ieatbugs

Being among the uberpale complexions I thought I'd start a thread with the foundation colors I know that are the lightest and thought maybe I could get some other recommendations from people on what they know of to be extremely pale!

I used to use the MAC N3 Studiofix, I don't know if they make that now.
smiles.gif
I assume the NC15 is the palest that they make?

In Estee Lauder, we have three super pale foundation colors:
Double Wear - Shell
Lucidity - Pale Ivory
Equalizer - Pearl

I also used the Prescriptives - Virtual Youth today in Camellia and found that to be a very nice color as well.

What lines make other good pale foundation colors? I haven't been able to find anything even SLIGHTLY close in Lancome.

lara

I'm NW15 and I used to wear N1/2 Face & Body. Unfortunately N1 & N2 aren't stocked in Australia anymore :)roll
smiles.gif
, so I'm forced to use C1/2 very sheerly.

MUFE run very pale in their liquid foundations, Prescriptives not so much. SKII do a good line in pale foundations, but it's hard to track down the full range of colours outside of Japan and they tint yellow. Ben NYE also do reasonably nice pale liquid foundations, but I find them a little thick.

Once you dip below NC/NW20, it gets stupidly difficult to find foundations that are even remotely close to your skintone. If you're cool-toned and pale, forget about it. There's bugger-all available. :/

DaizyDeath

I use my studio finish in NC15 by MAC and i love it although i dont wear foundation everyday usually just the light mineralize powder.

Its very hard for me to find a foundation that doesnt come off yellow or orange on me so what i usually do is have the mu put the foundation on part of my face i leave for the day go out in all sorts of light and see if its a true match beacuse i swear the lights in those stores can be very decieveing you dont want to come out into natural light and look like you just got orange paint all over your face.
lol

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Once you dip below NC/NW20, it gets stupidly difficult to find foundations that are even remotely close to your skintone. If you're cool-toned and pale, forget about it. There's bugger-all available. :/

second that :/

i'm an NC/NW15 (either can work on me but the pink doesn't cover redness) and i have found MAC the best so far. admittedly, i haven't looked very hard since i went MAC - just some DS brands to get a cheapo liquid to make tinted moisturiser with.

i use studio tech in NC15, and apply it with the 187 (or 190) if i want it sheer. I use a sponge for those "slap it on with a trowel because my skin is horrible" days.

on the cheap end of the scale, covergirl go fairly light in their foundations, but there's that whole animal testing thing. i do have a super pale friend that uses their foundations though, and it works well for her.

good luck!
smiles.gif

maxcat

in the drug-store aisle... Loreal Tru-blend has the best shades for the uber-pale among us... a couple of them are lighter than nc/nw 15.

user79

Bare Escentuals Minerals make their foundation in Light & Fairly Light which I've found a good match for me. The Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 is too yellow on me and too dark, I haven't been able to find a good liquid foundation that truly matches me.

The Clinique stick foundation I have matches my skintone really well, I have the lightest shade in it. I'm not too crazy about the formula though so I'm stil looking for my HG.

I might try Everyday Minerals next.

Shawna

I find that mineral makeup works the best for me, and I am really really fair with pink undertones. I use BE in fair even in the summer. Make up for ever makes a really nice light shade in their velvet matte line (probably number 1 but I can't remember) Other than that, most liquid foundations go orange on me. MAC's new spray foundation worked really well on me though. It is hard to find, but looked great.