Foundation Shade

feebee

Just a quick question
smiles.gif

I use a self tanner every week, all over except my face. Should i be using a darker colour foundation to match? I normally just use bronzer/blush to tan my face... but was pondering getting some studio tech in a darker colour to mix with my NC20.
I'm trying to avoid the dreaded "you've been tangoed" face!

ETA i use quite a light self tanner, before anyone thinks i have a white face and malibu bronzed body lol!!
winks.gif

feebee

Hmm, i've just remembered a bottle of Solarshine skinshimmer lurking in my traincase... can that be mixed with foundation?

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

That might work, but the best idea really is to just use your foundation and use a bronzer over top OR you could try a tanning lotion specifically for the face. Don't use a darker foundation because even though it matches your body, it could look really fake and awful IMO...

feebee

Thanks!

I took your advice and got a clarins self tanner last night to use on my face, and got a bottle of Revlon colourstay natural a few shades up from my own (i was afraid using my natural shade would have the opposite effect and look chalky lol), looks very nice, am nice and bronzed and glowing today, despite and icky throat infection lol!

user3

II know you've fixed the problem but I just wanted to toss in tip that you can always use powder bronzer on the face if you need your foundation to look a bit darker.
Nars laguna is awesome plus on most people it's a very natural looking color.

Just dust powder over your face to help it to look natural