foundation smearing?

gohgoomah

i'm not sure what it is that i'm doing wrong, i am setting my foundation with both loose powder and fix+, but i am getting makeup stains on my clothes throughout the day and on my boyfriend's clothes
thmbdn.gif

does anyone have any tips on how to prevent this or what it is that i'm doing wrong?
th_confused_new.gif

TIA!

Love Always Ivy

what type of foundation are you wearing? i had this problem alot with different brands.
now i use MUFE face and body set with MUFE DuoMat power, which dries to be waterproof, so it doesnt smudge at all and gives me the coverage i need.

gohgoomah

that's interesting, i also use the MUFE face&body foundation and set it with nars loose powder... yet i find some makeup stains in my shirts... i wonder what it is that i'm missing... or doing wrong.
ssad.gif

gigglegirl

I have this issue too. Hyperreal foundation NW 100 then I usually put blot powder over and then a shimmerbrick or beauty powder to highlight.

So its winter (bah) again in Winterpeg (i mean winnipeg) and I bundled up in my parka. well I get on the bus and unbundle a bit and I have some makeup on my jacket (where it zips up and covers your neck, well it also covered part of my face). So I take that to be my shimmerbrick that was just on top, I guess if I want highlighting Ill have to suck up that it may rub off--or maybe I'll fix + it next.

But get this. Ugh I felt so bad. Trying on new clothes, had this white shirt with a higher turtleneck type neck and pulled it off--ugh the turtleneck part had some foundation on it. And I didn't like the shirt either so I gave it back to the girl. Now that one freaked me out more---do I need more blot powder? Or how can I make my hyperreal waterproof/smudgeproof---just STUCK ON THERE??!!!

gohgoomah

omg! i know exactly what you mean! i feel so bad trying on new clothes bc i'm afraid it's going to leave makeup stains
ssad.gif
at first when i was using clinique's foundation i thought that it was perhaps due to the fact that it's not waterproof... but now that i'm using the MUFE face&body (which is supposed to be smudgeproof/waterproof) i can't figure out what it is that i'm forgetting.

could it be that the foundation is not sitting well with my skin? or that i'm not blending it well enough?

chocodcocoa

I only have the smearing problem with my blushes =(
Maybe set your makeup with translucent powder instead of blot powder? or maybe you could try a primer?
One of my friends has really greasy skin and primer seems to help a bit...

Latest posts