Foundation troubles! My skin hates me!

soulstar

I use Studio Fix fluid (sometimes powder) and I looove how it looks flawless.. but the color is a different story.

I was matched up to be a NC25 at the store. When I'm in the bathroom it looks great and matches my neck. I know the bathroom light and natural light is totally different. BUT the problem is, it's usually either TOO light or TOO dark?
angry.gif
How does that happen? I heard some fluids oxidize when exposed to moisture or air and make it darker. And I'm guessing that it's showing up too light because of the powder I put over it (sometimes I use mineral veil from bare escentuals).

Any tips?? Should I mix foundations, get a lighter foundation?? My friend who is a Mac MA said maybe if I get a NC20 fluid and a NC25 powder to even it out. Is it in the amount I put on. What do ya'll think?
ssad.gif

trollydolly

are you using different finishing powders? i use studio fix fluid in nw20 which can occasionaly look a bit dark so i use nw15 select sheer pressed powder over the top which evens it out.
do you use a primer under your foundation? that could help and stop ur foundation from turning too dark.
the only reason i can think of why ur foundation might look too light some days would be if u were using a finishing powder that is too light for your skin tone.
i personally have never experienced my foundation oxidizing so i dont know what you can do to prevent it. all i can say is that before i apply makeup i cleanse and moisturize, apply primer and then i put on my foundation and finally powder perhaps this helps my foundation stay colour true? hth

soulstar

Thanks trollydolly. After I cleanse my face & moisturize, I put smashbox studio finish primer. But, I think the mineral veil makes my face look ghostly! it is sort of light.. and my studio fix powder is NC40 (a bigggg difference!) I might go ahead and try select sheer powder!

trollydolly

select sheer is really good over studio fix fluid because its nice and sheer and matte. u dont want to set studio fix fluid with anything too heavy like studio fix because studio fix powder is a foundation in itself so if u used both together it would make u look really dark. deff give select sheer a go!