Foundations/Brow Fillers?

sweetxxglamour

I'm a little new to the whole makeup thing. Usually I just wear eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara but something tells me that I just need a little more to improve my look. I posted a picture in the I LOVE MAC forum on myspace and someone told me that I should probably buy some concealer or foundation and fill my eyebrows. I kind of agree now but I need help figuring out what to buy because I've never used either of those things in my life!

So here is a photo if it makes it any easier for some of you...
HPIM0793.jpg

i know it looks retarded...

Okay... any suggestions? And my budget is basically drugstore brands.

~LadyLocks~

I use the brow shader and I LOVE it!!! Also, MAC jsut came out with the Studio Finish Concealer palette that has 3 different colors. I really like it cause you can mix the colors to get the perfect one. As far as foundation, I have no clue because I don't use it. HTH!

laurenmo88

rimmel is a great drugstore brand that has awesome eyebrow pencils! i use the one that is a dark brown/almost black, i think that you'd want to use a dark brown as well. if you are looking more along the lines of eyebrow powder i'm not sure of any drugstore brands...but i use the the brow shader as well from MAC

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxxglamour
How much does the brow shader typically cost?

I think it was either $14 or $14.50 I forgot lol. You can check on the MAC web site though
smiles.gif

claresauntie

You're so pretty!

If you want to try these products, I would start with a powder for the brows, not a pencil. It's softer, and I really think you don't need too much! I like the MAC brow shaders (http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...D=PROD1 0804), but you said drugstore, so the best bet is to try to find an eyeshadow color that matches your brows (not your skin.). And go get an angled paintbrush from the craft store- it should look like this one http://www.maccosmetics.com/template..._ID=PROD6 859.

Apply the brow color in short strokes. In fact, I find it easiest to wet a tissue and dab the brush into that to dampen the hairs, then dab the brush into the color and into the brows.

As for foundation, save up a bit of $ and go to one of the cosmetics counters and have them match you. Foundation is a good investment and matching darker skin (any skin for that matter!) isn't that easy; in fact, you will probably need 2 colors (one for the center of your face, one for the outside). You will also want to make sure you get one that's right for your skin (oily? combination?).

That said, your skin is very pretty and you may be able to use one of the mineral lines and just use a bit of powder/foundation to buff out any "imperfections" and even up your skin tone. M.A.C. makes one that may work, but there are a lot of lines ho make this type of product.

Hope this helps!i

sweetxxglamour

Okay.So a couple days ago I went to Macy's and I purchased some foundation from the Clinique counter. I really like it and I think I got matched very well. I was too intimidated to visit the MAC counter but I think I'm going to visit one of the Stores instead. I've heard its better. However, I'm still searching for things for my eyebrows so I think I'll just go to the MAC store for that. Thanks so much for the help!

Simply Elegant

If you want a drug store option, NYC has a good brow set called browsers I think? And it's only $4 I think. I can't remember, but MAC's is good too.

Katja

You really don't need foundation, IMO. Your skin is really pretty. For concealor, the only one I use is drugstore brand by L'Oreal. It's called True Match. It runs about $6-$8 per tube I believe. I just apply my daily moisturizer and use it over that and blend with my fingers.

For drugstore, I prefer Rimmel's brow pencil. It works well for me.
smiles.gif

user79

There's some great eyebrow tutorials in the tut section, one of the best ones if by the user "M", which can be found here. I think her eyebrows are perfect and she has great tips on how to fill in and define brows.

Check it out here: http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=58847

Personally, I use a MAC eyebrow pencil, and smooth the lines with an angled brush to blend it and make it look more natural. Then I use a clean mascara wand to brush the hair into place and sometimes I fix them with a bit of hairspray on the mascara wand.