Foundations Question

Ms. Q

Ok so I have tried literally EVERY foundation that I know of and for some reason it looks like a match when i have it on, but by the end of the day it gets really dark on me. I don't use powder when I get oily I just use a tissue, esp when I am at work.
Do you ladies have the same issue or is my face just weird.

I've tried:
MAC studio Fix w/ 2 diff color concealors
Lancome
Sheiseido(sp?)
Maybelline, true blend, mousse foundation, regular powder compacts
Covergirl
Bare Essentuals
Iman
Covergirl Queen collection
some dermablend stuff from ulta
Aura Science, I got it from victoria secret
OMG like everything in slighter shades, Im tired of it lol

Simply Elegant

The oil from your face helps it oxidize. It happens. It's more likely to happen in the summer when your skin is less dry.

Ms. Q

Thanks for your reply, It happens year round and it so annoying. I am going to invest in good oil care to keep it from doing that.

lipshock

Hm, that sounds like your foundation is oxidizing. If happens to me as well, mainly in the summer months though when my skin is a little oilier (the oil definitely "helps" in the oxidation process). . but I find it happens more often when I don't use a good primer underneath my foundation (on the days when I'm feeling lazy, lol).

aziajs

I agree with Lipshock. A foundation primer would help control some of the oxidation.

madamepink78

Maybe you can try the Smashbox photo finish primer......I have seen a really major difference from last summer when i was not using it

Ms. Q

yeah, see I am lazy, so I havent worn primer consistently enough to tell the difference, it would tick me off to find that I have bought different brands for noting ha!, but Id much rather stick to one and be happy from start to finish. Thanks for the replies ladies'

twobear

Perscriptives is one of the few foundations that dosen't oxizide to badly on me. I used to buy a foundation a tad bit lighter than my skin tone and about 10 min. after application it begins to oxidize and it's the perfect shade. As I have gotten older I have gotten away from wearing foundation all together. Find you a good dermatologist and get monthly saliclyic acid peels (takes 5 min.). No more oily skin and a flawless complexion.

NaturalSister19

Open your minds as you read this everyone.

I think you can solve the issue by prepping your skin this way.

After cleansing, apply oil-free moisturizer RIGHT after you have patted your face dry - let that absorb (about 2min)

Then, apply a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia with a foundation brush. Let that set, you'll know when your skin turns demi-matte.

Then, in your palm - mix your normal amount of foundation and about a dime size drop of M o Mag and apply. Again with your foundation brush.

Proceed with the rest of your make-up application as normal. You will be astonished how true your make-up stays (8-12+) hours. Your only maintainance will be blotting t-zone (and that will be rare) and lip touch-ups. If you have to extend your make-up past 12 hours, just blot with facial tissue and dust with a blot powder. I recommend MAC or IMAN blot powders.

Pleas try this, it is amazing.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
Open your minds as you read this everyone.

I think you can solve the issue by prepping your skin this way.

After cleansing, apply oil-free moisturizer RIGHT after you have patted your face dry - let that absorb (about 2min)

Then, apply a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia with a foundation brush. Let that set, you'll know when your skin turns demi-matte.

Then, in your palm - mix your normal amount of foundation and about a dime size drop of M o Mag and apply. Again with your foundation brush.

Proceed with the rest of your make-up application as normal. You will be astonished how true your make-up stays (8-12+) hours. Your only maintainance will be blotting t-zone (and that will be rare) and lip touch-ups. If you have to extend your make-up past 12 hours, just blot with facial tissue and dust with a blot powder. I recommend MAC or IMAN blot powders.

Pleas try this, it is amazing.

I am going to try this but I have one question, will the M of Mag lighten the foundation at all when the two are mixed together?

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I am going to try this but I have one question, will the M of Mag lighten the foundation at all when the two are mixed together?

No, it dries clear. The milkiness of it is really sheer, not chalky so it doesn't lighten or change the foundation color in any way.