Foundations that aren't freaking YELLOW!

Kragey

I have been on the search for my HG foundation for almost a decade now, and I still haven't found one. Now, there have been several cases where I've liked the formula to bits (Shiseido's Lifting Foundation is the most recent), but every shade was TOO YELLOW! Really, is it so hard to ask for a foundation that is slightly pink, or beige without being yellow?!

I mean, when I go out looking for a new foundation, drug store or high end, I notice that just about every shade is an "ivory" shade, which generally translates to "yellow-toned." I try them anyway, and of course, none of then work.
ssad.gif

The only shade that has matched me perfectly is Bobbi Brown's liquid Skin Foundation in Alabaster. The thing is, I freaking HATE the formula! But I'm so desperate that I may very well save up $45 for this foundation that I don't even like JUST because the shade is perfect.

Shiseido's i20 would be perfect if, again, it weren't yellow.

I can use MAC foundations, but the only formulation I find decent is the Studio Sculpt, and I don't like the formula enough to pay $30 for it. (When I do use it, I just use my sister's.) Studio Fix in NW15 is too dark for me, and they don't make anything lighter than NW20 in the Mineralize Satinfinish. (Which I probably wouldn't like much anyway; it's apparently "dewy," but I prefer a matte-semi-matte finish.)

E.L.F's "foundations" are just crap, and the CoverGirl and Wet n' Wild ones feel like oil slicks on my face.

The closest I've come to an HG is the L'oreal True Match in the level 2 neutral shade, but I want it to be just a BIT more pink. The cool shade, however, is literally PINK, and the warm shade is (of course) too yellow. I know the obvious answer seems to be to mix the two, but I really would prefer to find that one perfect shade for me...and besides, the starting point of this thread is to complain. :p I can use tinted moisturizers in their lightest shades because they're so sheer, and that's great, but I really do want an actual FOUNDATION I can depend on.

I'm interested in the Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry formula in 110 Ivory, but oh, there's that keyword Ivory! And it does look yellow in the bottle.

Halp?
ssad.gif

M.A.C.tastic

I am pretty fair and I love Laura Mercier's oil free foundation in Blush Ivory. It is light with a slight tinge of pink, no yellow! They also make a moisterizing version for dry skin. Love it, and it's light to medium coverage so not too heavy but still covers.

kiss

I am very fair with pink undertones and the lightest shade in the Revlon Colorstay matches me very well. I love that foundation and always come back to it even after using higher brands. I find it to be pink toned so perhaps you will love it. I usually have problems finding pink toned concealers but I saw a very pinky MUFE HG concealer so they most likely have a matching HG foundation.

Shadowy Lady

I have neutral undertones and like you it took me years to find a foundation I liked. I wear MUFE HD in no.118 which is for light skin with neutral undertones, so no yellows or pink. I would say check out MUFE they prob have a shade for you

What about NARS foundation? I was just short of going and getting custom foundation made for me when I found NARS, very expensive but totally worth every penny!! Great colour selection too
smiles.gif
And I agree whats up with all the yellow!!! What about us pink girls and guys!

Latest posts