Foundations????

Kenna23

hey everyone,

i know that spring is here and summer is almost around the corner. i was wondering if you guys could recommend some good foundations for me at this time. i tend to have to use matte gel during the fall/ winter so that let you guys know i am kind of sweaty so my foundation has a tendency to melt so i started to use that gel and it stopped. i was wondering would liquid foundation be better for me in the summer or powder? and do you guys have any inexpensive brands you could recommend for me to try or any mac?

thanks

i am NW50 Studio fix powder, and deep dark studio mist/ deep dark MSN

thanks again

~KENNA

Twinkle_Twinkle

I wear powder during the summer for the most part. Right now I am using Stila's Illuminating Powder in 120 Watts (I'm NW45 most of the year for reference) but that shade has been discontinued I was just able to hunt it down on ebay. Anyway, I also use Prescriptives AnyWear Powder Foundation. You could try mineral makeup as well. Maybe MAC's MSN Loose in Deeper Dark, or Prescriptives makes a great mineral foundation called All Skins Mineral Makeup.

dominichulinda

I wear powder during summertime as well
smiles.gif

NMSF + 182 = yum!

erica_1020

I was sent Px Anywear foundation powder by accident, the MA on the phone said try it and I love it. I have used many powder foundations including MAC Studio Fix (7+) times with no luck. The color match is a little darker than the liquid I use in Antelope. But, I have used a kabuki brush, sponge and foundation brush and prefer kabuki. It is quick and leaves a velvet liked finish. I haven't used Fix + over it yet I have worn it over a week and I don't think it will break me out. I usually don't have problems with Px. Don't know why I haven't just stuck with them I get a great color match.

I use Px Antelope in Virtual Skin liquid. I like it but it is almost less coverage than a TM. I brush MAC natural MSf over it.

Right now I am loving either of those 2 combinations

I have normal to dry skin and complexion is MAC NC45/C7

SassyMochaJess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I wear powder during the summer for the most part. Right now I am using Stila's Illuminating Powder in 120 Watts (I'm NW45 most of the year for reference) but that shade has been discontinued I was just able to hunt it down on ebay. Anyway, I also use Prescriptives AnyWear Powder Foundation. You could try mineral makeup as well. Maybe MAC's MSN Loose in Deeper Dark, or Prescriptives makes a great mineral foundation called All Skins Mineral Makeup.

How's the coverage, compared to studio fix?

MAChostage

Is anyone still wearing their Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Loose? When that was getting ready to come out I was so excited. It ended up looking and working not so great for me, was a big disappointment.
ssad.gif

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna23
hey everyone,

i know that spring is here and summer is almost around the corner. i was wondering if you guys could recommend some good foundations for me at this time. i tend to have to use matte gel during the fall/ winter so that let you guys know i am kind of sweaty so my foundation has a tendency to melt so i started to use that gel and it stopped. i was wondering would liquid foundation be better for me in the summer or powder? and do you guys have any inexpensive brands you could recommend for me to try or any mac?

thanks

i am NW50 Studio fix powder, and deep dark studio mist/ deep dark MSN

thanks again

~KENNA

If you want to try a reasonably priced powder mineral foundation, I suggest that you send for samples from EARTHENGLOW MINERALS. They have more shades for WOC than most companies and samples are very reasonably priced. I usually wear liquid foundation but in preparation for the hot humid days of Summer, I have researched and tried many mineral foundations. EGMINERALS is by far my favorite. I've tried EGMINERALS, BARE MINERALS, EVERYDAY MINERALS, NCN PRO MINERALS, CHRISTOPHER DRUMMUND BEYOND MINERALS, CRUSHGROOVE, MADD MINERALS, and a couple of drug store brands.

I use the EGMINERALS YOUTHFUL glow formulation. It's not matt so you may not like it. But there are 2 other formulations you can try.

For your reference, I am NW43 in late Summer, NC45 in Winter, BB Golden in Spring/early Summer, EGMINERALS Sherri-Lynn in Winter and Kaila in Spring/Early Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sja103
Definitely try Revlon Colour Stay! I use it over my mac foundations.

yeah I share the same sentiments. Revlon over Mac

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
How's the coverage, compared to studio fix?

It has build-able coverage. When applied with a sponge you can get heavy coverage. You can also use it wet with a damp sponge or foundation brush, but I don't do that. I like the coverage better than Studio Fix because I find with Studio Fix it is too easy to go overboard. Generally it is a nice medium coverage. Hope that answered your question.