Freaking out!!

lovekrumpet

Okay, so I have been wanting to work for MAC since I was around 14 or 15 years old. I am now 18. On my 18th birthday (literally the day of), I went in and filled out an application and dropped off my resume.
Well.....
I got a call today!!! The manager is going to out on maternity leave and they have a temporary position (three months) that they need to fill. They called me in for an interview on Monday and I'm freaking out now. I am so nervous. Working for MAC is seriously my dream job and the thing that has caused me to push myself so hard in enhancing my skills as a makeup artist.
So I guess I'm making this thread to see if there any real tips you guys have? I mean I have read just about every single thread on interviews. I'm working on trying to come up with honest but really good answers for the common questions that are asked. I'm also wondering how much is too much. I planned on showing up at the interview with an updated resume (since mine is very out of date at this point), a business card (since I have new ones), my physical portfolio, and a cover letter. Is this too much? Not enough? I'm planning on wearing all black (of course) and killer make-up, though not too over-the-top.

Also, I'm trying to decide which photos to include in my portfolio that I bring with me. If you guys have any suggestions on photos I should definitely include, can you let me know? Here is a link to my modelmayhem account. I'm planning on just bringing 8-10 of my very best work. ModelMayhem.com - Moira Hassler - Makeup Artist - Hendersonville, US

Thanks for any advice you guys have!
<3
*bites nails*

Little Addict

good luck!
I looked at your pictures and they're all beautiful. Make sure to put in a mix of both edgy and natural. The only one I wouldn't include would be the bruised one of the guy.

lovekrumpet

Thanks guys!
I was thinking I would leave the Special FX stuff I have out, just because I doubt there is ever a want/need for that when working at a MAC counter. >.<

User67

Good luck
thmbup.gif

Willa

Good luck to you!
The best advice I have for you is to stay yourself.
When somebody tries too much too impress, it shows
winks.gif

lovekrumpet

Well, I went in for my interview today. The manager was really nice, we had the interview at starbucks in the mall. It was kind of short, actually, which makes me nervous that it might not have gone well.
She seemed really happy, though, and I feel like I answered the questions nicely. She asked me where I got my inspiration from, why I want to work for MAC, availability, etc. She also said that there were some beautiful looks in my portfolio, which seemed positive. She says the temporary position they have available is 15 hrs/wk. They also have three freelance positions they are trying to fill.

Anyways, she says she'll call in the next couple of days to let me know either way what her decision is. I really hope I get the temporary position, though I would also be pretty ecstatic to get one of the freelance positions too.
*crosses fingers and waits*

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekrumpet
Well, I went in for my interview today. The manager was really nice, we had the interview at starbucks in the mall. It was kind of short, actually, which makes me nervous that it might not have gone well.
She seemed really happy, though, and I feel like I answered the questions nicely. She asked me where I got my inspiration from, why I want to work for MAC, availability, etc. She also said that there were some beautiful looks in my portfolio, which seemed positive. She says the temporary position they have available is 15 hrs/wk. They also have three freelance positions they are trying to fill.

Anyways, she says she'll call in the next couple of days to let me know either way what her decision is. I really hope I get the temporary position, though I would also be pretty ecstatic to get one of the freelance positions too.
*crosses fingers and waits*

Good luck! I hope that you get the job!
th_thstars.gif