Freckles...

miz_becki

I have freckles on my nose, which I have always liked, but now I’m starting to get them on my chin and around my mouth. They look a little strange and don't get me wrong they suit some people but just not me.
Is there any way I could get rid of them because I’ve heard of some creams but not sure if they actually work?
I don’t really want to cover them up with foundation because I do where foundation on a daily basis but they are still noticeable so I think I would have to cake it on which I don’t want to do!

kat121085

I don't have a rec for anything to fade your freckles but you might want to use a very strong (SPF 45 or higher) sunscreen to stop them from getting darker till you can find something to lighten them up.

Isis

Look into lines that have skin brightening/lightening agents that will gradually fade the pigmentation. Bliss, Cellex-C, Remede, Murad & DDF all have excellent products for that, & of course wear an SPF30 everyday since obviouslly the sun will make them worse. HTH
smiles.gif

miz_becki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat121085
I don't have a rec for anything to fade your freckles but you might want to use a very strong (SPF 45 or higher) sunscreen to stop them from getting darker till you can find something to lighten them up.

Yeah I should get a higher one mines only about 15. Thanks!

miz_becki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Look into lines that have skin brightening/lightening agents that will gradually fade the pigmentation. Bliss, Cellex-C, Remede, Murad & DDF all have excellent products for that, & of course wear an SPF30 everyday since obviouslly the sun will make them worse. HTH
smiles.gif

Im gonna look into them I didnt know that many companys did them sorta things but yeah I think it might take a while. Thanks though for listing them because i wouldnt know where to look! x

mtuozzolo

i dont know if your pregnant or were pregnant..but if you were this could be the cause.Also,if you taking birth control this causes hyperpigmentation around the mouth area.If this isnt the case..always wear your spf (30 or more)this will help with the freckles a lot. But normaly if your in the sun it would cause the freckles all over your face not just around the mouth that is usually due to hormonal changes.

But like others recommended. Murad has great lightening products they are on the pricey side but they really do work.

Sephora: Murad Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel: Skin Lighteners

kimmy

freckles come from sun exposure, so your best bet is definately using a high spf sunblock. you can use lightening gels and whatnot, but remember those might give you lighter spots on your unfreckled skin, too.