Free Photoshop?

Jennifer Mcfly

Is there a place to go to get photoshop for free? I have no picture editing programs and all I want is to be able to decently get rid of red eye in my pics. Ever since I got this new camera I have such a problem! I never had one with my sony, but this crappy kodak one gives every freakin person in every freakin pic major laser devil demon red eye!
If there isn't a free photoshop, are there any other free downloadable programs out there for basic pic editing? I don't need anything fancy...I wouldn't know what to do with alot of features anyway...
th_dunno.gif

Shimmer

you can DL a photoshop tryout.

OR the cheapest thing to do is go on ebay and buy an old old version of PS (it'll run you a couple hundred) then go to adobe and upgrade, which will run you another hundred, hundred fifty.

MUCH cheaper than the 1500 you w ould spend brand new.

mzcelaneous

Not sure if I can post the link here, but there's a site that lets you download all sorts of applications. Some are free and some come with a charge. If you're looking for basic photo editing, I'm sure you'll find something on there for free. I'll PM you the link.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
Not sure if I can post the link here...

No link please.
smiles.gif

It's not as fancy as photoshop, but I use it just as much as PS. Look into google's picassa photo organizer software. If you want to check it out, and contribute to Specktra at the same time click on the logo here.
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

whoa, i didn't even know photoshop cost that much!!! holy crap! it's the only program i hear about so that's why i asked about it. whoa nelly!!! i'm not in the industry so i didn't have any idea what the program cost!

I have infraview on my home comp and it's good for resizing but not for red eye reduction, for that it stinks!!

i just don't even know what other programs to use. any tips would be great...not photoshop, it's way outta my budget! any other program recs??

thanks ladies! I'm not very savy in these things :doh:

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Didn't your Kodak camera come with Easyshare software???

i think so, it was new when i got it. i don't know if i downloaded the disc yet...does that have red eye reduction and stuff on it??

Thanks!!
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Janice's suggestion for the picasa is an excellent one, and since you own a Kodak camera there *should* be something you can DL on the kodak website.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

wow I had no idea photoshop was so costly!!!
thats insane.
My computer Came with photoshop 7.0 on it. (ebay laptop 300 bucks)
Damn glad that it did. I woudlnt spend no 1500 bucks.

melozburngr

the is freeware that is called the Gimp- it is the equivalent of Photoshop... the programmers where I work swear by it... I use Photoshop CS2.. and my files open in it.
smiles.gif