Free to Be Quad

legaleagle

Does anyone have this? I have Inventive Eyes, but how does FTB compare to the consistency of the e/s in the Inventive quad? I read somewhere that they were chalkier and the Smut e/s included had more red in it? Is this true?

melozburngr

the e/s are chalky and blah. but thats just me
smiles.gif

Shawna

I agree, I love inventive eyes, but the FTB quad was just bleh. The colours were nice, but they wouldn't even stick to my hand. They brushed right off. They might work over a s/s, but I didn't want to spend $42 to find out.

absolut_blonde

If anything, the Smut seemed more black and blah to me (and less red) but I didn't buy the quad so it may have just been my counter's lighting.

sigwing

I got it & like it, but I didn't really need more Smut. I liked it better than some other quads I've bought, and like the different light grey-ish green-ish or whatever shade that is.

A lot of eyeshadow colors I've found are pretty sheer, so I use a wet applicator to bring out the color. It can change everything!

MACgirl

i love both quads, free to be eyshadow looks so good in the crease, i also use it to line sometimes....

solardame

It doesn't have much shimmer but I find blending out Crochet with a little bit of Coco pigment fixes that. I don't mind wearing matte-like e/s so no real complaints here. I honestly like FTB quad.

Scrangie

I adore the Free to Be eyes palette... I love sensibility! I also live IE, but they're both great.

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle
Does anyone have this? I have Inventive Eyes, but how does FTB compare to the consistency of the e/s in the Inventive quad? I read somewhere that they were chalkier and the Smut e/s included had more red in it? Is this true?

i have to be on the minority here, but i didn't like it AT ALL :|
blush-anim-cl.gif
yes they're chalkier and not as soft as twillery for example, the only shade i kinda liked was sensibility, but i think it is not that unique, you can find similar stuff from other brands IMO, smut made my eyes look like i was punched
greengrin.gif
and i couldn't tell there is so much as ANY red, except when used wet... when blended or smoked looks like a dark charcoal.
and free to be (the grey green) made me look dead :-S
sorry to rain on the parade girls, inventive was the winner quad for me
thmbup.gif