French Chic

mae13

Ok, when you ladies think of french women, french style, what are the elements that immediately pop to mind? Hair, personal style, especially make-up.

I'm trying to codify certain "looks" by common denominators, so that I have a clear reference.

Glitziegal

When I think french, I think classic elegance. Black liner, pale skin, and red lips.
Clothing wise, again I think tailored elegance. HTH

ette

I agree with Glitziegal! Also the Sofia Loren look (even though she is Italian...) with the smokey eyes and skin color lips, with pale pink cheeks. And a chic updo.

Temptasia

I think soft wavy hair in a loose bun (chignon), thick lashes, red lips, and pale but dewy skin.

so_siqqq

When I think of the French style I think of natural. Soft waves or smooth hair that's not put up and fresh faces like mascara, flushed cheeks, porclein skin, and simple lips.

LisaR

I think well coiffed hair (chignon or twist perhaps), absolutely flawless skin, minimal make-up - just the essentials: lipstick, mascara, liner and maybe blush. I also think of french women as very into the art of waxing. Beautiful fragrance, a must!

mae13

Thank you!
smiles.gif

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitziegal
When I think french, I think classic elegance. Black liner, pale skin, and red lips.
Clothing wise, again I think tailored elegance. HTH

Same here.
smiles.gif

Also, a chic Audrey Hepburn style up-do and trench coats.

Calypsa

Red matte lips, attitude, black-and white striped sweaters, ballerinas, trenchcoats and a lot of attitude!
greengrin.gif

Latest posts