French Grey = Restless

Nimrod

I have the Take Wing quad and just noticed that Restless looks like Danse French Grey shadow. Fine with me since I like Restless and also for those looking for a dupe of it.

BlahWah

Really? My French Grey looks more grey-brown with blue reflects, and my Restless looks slightly purpley-grey. Very different, even side by side unswatched.

Nimrod

Here they are side by side:

fgreyrestless.jpg

I'll do a skin swatch later.

French Grey - Dirty taupe with silver pearl
Restless - silver grey

M73F03_261.jpg

GoldenGirl

I know this is like the oldest thread to be bumping, but I was wondering if anyone's noticed that french grey gives off a blue when you apply it? I got it in some sultry lips and eyes palette I got in Mexico back in August. I tried to do a smokey eye with it because the palette also has carbon and another color called I think filament... anyway the smokey eye comes out blue! It's gotta be french grey because I'm sure carbon doesn't have any blue in it. I do like the color, it's still pretty, and the eye still came out really nice, I just wasn't really expecting that. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?

BlahWah

^^ I don't use my French Grey all that often but, judging from my previous post, I'd agree that it's the culprit turning things blue. It's a very intriguing shadow, I must say!

*edit* I'm guessing it's because Swan Lake, a grey with a tinge of blue, is to be paired up with it.

GoldenGirl

Intriguing is certainly a word for it indeed. I just couldn't understand what was going on.. the two times I tried to use it I ended up with a blue smokey eye. Kinda weird. I'll see if I can work with it a little... maybe not so much blending...

Latest posts