French Violet Jar BNIB Sample

syrene78

I just bought a jar of a pigment French Violet.
The seller, who sells a lot of samples and WN (Working Name) samples, and is very reliable actually, sold it to me as a sample.
When I got it it had the sample sticker, the regular transparent sample Franch Violet Pro sticker at the bottom of the jar of the color didn't look at all like French Violet but more like Lovely Lily.
The jar is real for sure and I'd swear that it is Lovely Lily.
Is this possible that it is a real pigment that was realeased before they decided to release Lovely Lily yet and were working on the name of the color?
But if so, why is this no called a WN sample?
Thanks for your help!
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Would you be able to post a picture of the pigment you got? From what I recall, French Violet and Lovely Lily are quite different, so it'd be tough to mistake one for the other.

Hypothesizing over the labels... maybe the wrong label was pasted on it? Perhaps too simple an explanation...
th_dunno.gif

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Would you be able to post a picture of the pigment you got? From what I recall, French Violet and Lovely Lily are quite different, so it'd be tough to mistake one for the other.

Hypothesizing over the labels... maybe the wrong label was pasted on it? Perhaps too simple an explanation...
th_dunno.gif

It isn't French Violet for sure. This pigment is a Frost and French Violet is matte.
I doubt that they would just put the wrong label on the jar by mistake...
It is probably due to the fact that is a sample.

ExquisiteImages

I have a jar of the French Violet (WN), but looks like Lovely Lily. It's most likely that it was a working name before they decided on the shade name of Lovely Lily.