Fresh Brew is not so fresh on me :(

misshapes

So, my friend bought back some stuff for me from overseas. This included a MAC lipstick- Fresh Brew (which cost me about AUD12 or so).

Omg. It looks HIDEOUS on me. Can someone tell me how to fix and warm it up? It looks so dead and flat on me. I look horrible.

Anyway-I did a quick look with the stuff my friend bought me:
MAC: Lustre Lipstick-Fresh Brew
NARS: Blush-Orgasm
Shiseido: Mascara Base
Bobbi Brown: Gel Eyeliner-Black Ink

I also got MAC's Blot powder but didn't use it in all the shots.

Quite a lovely mini-haul. Except for the lipstick.
ssad.gif

Here goes (foundation has been wiped off....imperfections and freckles galore!!):

Firstly, the eyelashes pre-eyeliner:
base1.jpg

The mascara base worked quite well. I don't think I've got on any actual mascara here...just the base. Bottom lashes weren't coated with base btw.

No flash
yuk1.jpg

Fresh Brew is very BROWN, dark and dead on me. I think I have to give it to someone else. Blegh.
ssad.gif
I was going to get Brew but it seemed too pale for me even though I've seen some of the asian girls here wear it brilliantly.

yuk4.jpg

Ew, gross skin. Anyway, it's my first time using a gel eyeliner. Even though I heard it was brilliant...it still smudged a little (oily lids) and cracked a little (dry lids?!!). Nothing's perfect I guess. It's very matte also. Wasn't expecting that. I should've got the Fluidline!

yuk2.jpg

I think I'm wearing the Blot powder (medium) here. I loaded my lips with clear lipgloss to try and save the look. But woe.

yuk3.jpg

See, the lipcolour looks like clay.

yuk6.jpg

I loved the NARS blush.

Wrong thread but: can anyone reccommend a nice warm, peachy-pink lipcolour? HE or drugstore. Thanks and sorry for long commentary.

i like the fresh brew on you. i might try and coordinate it with my cheeks by wearing a bronzer, and i don't think you need the gloss, although it looks pretty too.

mena22787

i agree w/ the other ladies, it looks good on you. try wearing a more neutral blush/bronzer, and maybe if you still don't like it, try all that with more eye color. i think a blue color would look great on you!

Briar

I love the lipcolor on you. At least in the pics it looks like a deep nude shade that highlights your natural coloring.

iheartangE

I think you look really good! You're SO pretty by the way-and you have perfect lips! I know you didn't like it but I have to say I think it looks awesome!!

Perple1

I'm with the other ladies, you can definitely wear Fresh Brew. If you are trying to achieve a warmer (or cooler?) look, line your lips with the tone you're looking for, blend into the lips & apply Fresh Brew on top. I do this to change/alter my lippies for a different look! HTH!
You are gorgeuos, BTW! ;-)

flowerhead

Fresh Brew is one of my favourites. I think it looks nice on you, but maybe you should try wearing a pinky-brown lipliner under it.