fresh from the d'bohemian event at mac in brooklyn

pink_kittie_kat

Okay so it was packed despite being by invite only. Downtown Brooklyn doesnt allow for much room so it was pretty crammed in there. Cocktails and hor deurves (sp =P) were served. There were about 10 artists there and they were busy as bees. So I stood back away from the crowd, (I hate the feeling of being closed in) and I drank some type of yummy concoction. I don't know what it was but 8 drinks later, I was feeling pretty damn good.
Finally I grabbed an MA and got down to business. On me he used the new pigment shade Providence as a base, the new e/s in D'Bohemia on the lid, a little bit of sketch in the outer crease, and the e/s Rule on the brow. He lined the upper lashes with the new fluidline in Shade and also used it on the lower rim. He threw on some #7 lashes and then applied Pro Lash Mascara in Coal Black. The lips are lustreglass in Love Nectar. The foundation he used was NC100 (which I never woulda thought I'd be).
He also used the blush duo in Bloomsberry/Tiger Lily.
Okay so I bought it all along with a Lipstick in Freckletone =)

dbohemiaclosed4de.th.jpg
dbohemiaopen0zi.th.jpg

dbohemiafull4on.th.jpg

dbohemiafull13fz.th.jpg

dbohemiafull26lb.th.jpg

pink_kittie_kat

thank you everyone =)
my husband is gonna friggin kill me!!!!
please tell the mortician to use nothing but mac on me...lord, forgive me for that right there =P

i spent 130 today at the event
63 yesterday to my friend who works at a mac in another state
and just put in another order with her for 308....
its easy to hide the makeup because its small and i just incorporate it right into my train case....but i dunno how imma hide this last mac order i just put in....yikes...well also, we just sold our house (yay) and my husband said that with the new bank account i cant have access >.<
so i figured, i might as well get my mac on while i can...
also, instead of fighting with him when he is acting schmucky, i just put a price tag on it and that is how i handle it.
good thing he's a schmuck a lot. lol. nah he aint that bad. poor guy. sigh...can i help it if i like good stuff? can i help it if i'm a slave to fashion and beauty? =)

pink_kittie_kat

a color description of...?
aside from what the dude put on me, i didnt even look at the colors. it was hectic in there and i wasnt moving from my spot. big crowds in stuffy places makes me pop xanax.

i'm not sure of the question. lotta drinks + 3 xanax= happy confusion.

if you dummy it up for me i will do my best to oblige ^.^

~Kristi

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_kittie_kat
thank you everyone =)
please tell the mortician to use nothing but mac on me...lord, forgive me for that right there =P

its easy to hide the makeup because its small and i just incorporate it right into my train case....but i dunno how imma hide this last mac order i just put in....yikes...well also, we just sold our house (yay) and my husband said that with the new bank account i cant have access >.<
also, instead of fighting with him when he is acting schmucky, i just put a price tag on it and that is how i handle it.
good thing he's a schmuck a lot. lol. nah he aint that bad. poor guy. sigh...can i help it if i like good stuff? can i help it if i'm a slave to fashion and beauty? =)

OMG - freakinl' hilarious, do you know HOW much you sound like ME, I spent $110 last week - and $40 on philosophy(had to I had a free 8 oz with purchase for my birthday, who am I to stop philosophy from giving me a birthday gift with purchase) - and 117 tonight, and guess what, I had to explain makeup obsession to my trucker hubby who wanted to know HOW could we possibley be broke because he doesn't see a lot of new stuff... man that was hard. We just bought a house and I'm staying in KS by myself until its time for school to let out so I can leave my job. But until then I'm getting my mac caught up. I just tell my hubby I'm high maintenence but if he had a clue how much I've spent on cosmetics this year he'd have a coronary. My husband also did the "i'm taking over the finances" thing with our moving **yeah whatever*** but anyways I can't wait on my d'bohemia to come in. OH how I initially got in big trouble was hubby picked up my makeup optional kit at the post office and he's complained about my $100 facial soap for threemonths now.

pink_kittie_kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_kittie_kat
thank you everyone =)

OMG - freakinl' hilarious, do you know HOW much you sound like ME, I spent $110 last week - and $40 on philosophy(had to I had a free 8 oz with purchase for my birthday, who am I to stop philosophy from giving me a birthday gift with purchase) - and 117 tonight, and guess what, I had to explain makeup obsession to my trucker hubby who wanted to know HOW could we possibley be broke because he doesn't see a lot of new stuff... man that was hard. We just bought a house and I'm staying in KS by myself until its time for school to let out so I can leave my job. But until then I'm getting my mac caught up. I just tell my hubby I'm high maintenence but if he had a clue how much I've spent on cosmetics this year he'd have a coronary. My husband also did the "i'm taking over the finances" thing with our moving **yeah whatever*** but anyways I can't wait on my d'bohemia to come in. OH how I initially got in big trouble was hubby picked up my makeup optional kit at the post office and he's complained about my $100 facial soap for threemonths now.

hahahha...yea aside from the financial part of it, the makeup is real easy to hide. He has no idea what i wear on my face. my 5 year old son knows what kitschmas is. my husband is oblivious. so the fact that i got all these colors doesnt strike him.
my last obsession was with juicy couture. now that was a little harder to hide. i was an ebay junkie and i bought every single color velour suit they make, not to mention the shirts, the jeans, the linens, the terry suits...you name it, i own it. i had a secret knock with the postman, lol. it literally got to the point where 13 packages were coming in daily. holy smokes, was he mad!!!
"Kristi, where the hell did $1000 go?"
"Um, well...the car insurance must have been deducted this week and probably some other bills."
"Kris, you will have NO ACCESS to any of the bank accounts"
----haha mofo...i got PAYPAL!!!

scarcity

I went to the d'bohemia event here in edmonton...it was really packed there too so I didnt stay long. But from what I say of the new line it's pretty nice.

A little tame for my taste but I guess they cant always come out with really bright things. Its probobly a good thing too, becuase I dont have a job anymore
ssad.gif

I liked the topless male waiter guys...that was probobyl the highlight of the night.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarcity
I went to the d'bohemia event here in edmonton...it was really packed there too so I didnt stay long. But from what I say of the new line it's pretty nice.

A little tame for my taste but I guess they cant always come out with really bright things. Its probobly a good thing too, becuase I dont have a job anymore
ssad.gif

I liked the topless male waiter guys...that was probobyl the highlight of the night.

uhhh.. scarcity where have u been?????????? we miss u here! post some more of your fabulous hotness!!!
greengrin.gif

pink_kittie_kat

hehe...so finally at 3am i passed out, makeup and all....i would like you all to know that my makeup hasnt budged, lol.
time to go scrub it off.
hmmm....what will i wear today?

joytheobscure

hahahha...yea aside from the financial part of it, the makeup is real easy to hide. He has no idea what i wear on my face. my 5 year old son knows what kitschmas is. my husband is oblivious. so the fact that i got all these colors doesnt strike him.
my last obsession was with juicy couture. now that was a little harder to hide. i was an ebay junkie and i bought every single color velour suit they make, not to mention the shirts, the jeans, the linens, the terry suits...you name it, i own it. i had a secret knock with the postman, lol. it literally got to the point where 13 packages were coming in daily. holy smokes, was he mad!!!
"Kristi, where the hell did $1000 go?"
"Um, well...the car insurance must have been deducted this week and probably some other bills."
"Kris, you will have NO ACCESS to any of the bank accounts"
----haha mofo...i got PAYPAL!!![/quote]

LOL!!! Yeah, well my obsession began with ebay around the end of december but I was buying Southwestern Silver Jewelry -I can clear $1000 in no time thats even at a walmart so..... I can shop anywhere. I was having anxiety about hubby being home long enough to get the mail, I was having SIL pick up packages for me so he wouldnt know. lol. Yankee candles and tarts (which are cheaper than macO. I do like makeup because it is so blendable the perfect addiction because I can clear out old items and give them to my sister. Concerts are another love but I can't "hide" them. He knows how much I like to spend money though.... he knows - he told me never ever experiment with drugs he said I'm too addictive. I have a "bill juggling" problem- paying at the last possible time just to keep our heads above water to have that extra "spending money" But I figure everything gets paid... sooner or later.