Fried hair or not I need a little help with Flat Ironing

Hawkeye

to protect the hair as much as I can.
smiles.gif

My hair looks the best when it is stick straight.

However, I'm a little bit confused on the products. Can someone tell me- with the straightening stuff- do I apply it before I flat iron or after?

Then do I apply a glossing cream or what?

Can anyone give me a step by step thing to help me out here?

Love the ignorant about hair person,
me
greengrin.gif

Shimmer

I would get something specifically for use with a flat iron...and gloss is usually after.
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

Thanks Shimmer
smiles.gif

I know nothing of hair LOL
What is a good thing to use with a flat iron? Do you have any recs?

_trimm_trabb

Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Heat & Iron Safe is a great product. You run it through your hair BEFORE ironing and your hair will come out soft and silky instead of fried.
smiles.gif

Dizzy

Use a heat protectorant first, it'll reduce the amount of damage done to your hair significantly (especially when used with a ceramic-plated, not just coated, straightener). I use Farouk Chi's Iron Guard 44, but if you really want some hold with it, you can use Kenra's heat protectorant, it has a number 19 on the bottle.

Also, make sure your hair is 100% dry when you straighten it. Even those wet to dry straighteners do considerable amount of damage to your hair, but you won't see it for a few months, when it's far too late to do anything to fix it but cut it off.
ssad.gif

When you're satisfied that it's straight enough, you can use anything you want for a glossing effect- though I like using treatments to keep my hair shiny instead. Shiny hair is a sign of naturally healthy hair, which means you have to use less products, which is always the best option, IMO.

HTH!!

elektra513

I like to spray Nexxus Heat Protexx on wet hair before blowdrying, and then right before I flat iron I use CHI Silk Infusion. That stuff is like a superhero
thmbup.gif
It's like "Humidity?? What's that?" on my hair, lol.

I use a Solia flat iron I got at Folica.com, too. It's really cool w/all its technology.

HTH

user79

Don't flat iron tooo much, it will fry it even more. Don't do it everyday, give your hair a break frequently with no-hot-tools days.

BTW, nothing can repair split ends, hair is dead and cannot grow back together once it has split, the only way to get rid of split ends, is cut them off.

NaturallyME

I LOVE CHI SILK INFUSION
eyelove.gif
.....made my hair so straight and pretty
make sure to use a light moisturizer with this it can be slightly drying but i contains no ALCOHOL!! YAY!!

Biosilk is ok gives a nice sheen but DOES contain ALCOHOL!!! so after a few days it left my hair extremely dry!!

iio

I use kerastase oleo relax serum it works really well but any serum would do just as long as it protects your hair. The night before I straighten my hair I always use a hair mask. Then the next day I put serum on my dry hair then straighten it. After Im done I put a little bit more serum on my hair then im good to go.

Latest posts