Friend Problems

Jello89

You should confront her about it. She probably got the wrong idea. you should try to clear things up with her if she means so much to you. However, if she is willing to drop it because of such a silly thing, I think you should try and concentrate on building strong relationships with some other friends. Its just going to cause you pain that you don't need if you dwell on it forever.

M.A.C. head.

I don't think you were wrong for shying away from the birthday party because of problems with that other girl. You didn't want to put yourself in a bad situation, that is VERY mature of you. And, even though you did something contrary to what you wanted to do, I think the fact that you went to the party anyway because of your friend's feelings says a lot of mature and positive things about you as well.

At the age you and your friend are at, it's very possible that it's time for you to take different paths. There's no sense in you trying to keep up a relationship with someone who doesn't want to show you the same respect and care. I don't think that you should confront her and say "we're not friends", but just do your own thing, for you. Pick up a new hobby, join a club or a team at school, make new friends! People drift in and out of your life through out it, and some stay out, that's just how it is. Just live for you and maybe someday she'll be one of the people that drifts back in, but don't fret over it much either way.

Best of luck.

SkylarV217

^^^ I agree, When you get to your age, people get to a point where you drift apart. I had a best friend from kindergarden until 9th grade and then we drifted. Its a natural part of life. We are still friends but NOTHING like we used to be.

If I were you I would try to talk to her and let her know that you value her friendship and would like to try to salvage it. See if you can work something out. If she doesn't want to, don't try to force it. You will meet a lot of people over the next couple of years.

I hope things work out =D

Latest posts