frost bitten

kissacid

Hi all! This is my first post here...

I truly adore MAC and heavily rely on it for work, but why are SO many of their new products frosted finishes? Eyes, lips, cheeks..almost all are heavily frosted it's driving me a little nuts... Am I in the minority here? I just really don't like frosts.

AlliSwan

I'm okay with them for eyeshadows, but for lipsticks they can be a little hard to work with....I'm having a real problem with visible glitter pieces in lipglasses....I fell in love with ones like underage, impish, etc., for their "glaze" look. Don't get me wrong, I love my flash of flesh, but I don't like the little red glitter dots that come off on my starbucks cup.

mac_obsession

Mac is a very trendy line...Of all the lines Estee Lauder lines it is above and beyond the most trendy.
If you go to a Bobbi Brown or clinique counter chances are the people working are going to be a little older, sophisticated with neutral or "classic" makeup...Go to a mac counter, 9 times out of 10 at least one of the MAs has at least 2-3 different hair colors, makeup is fabulously dramatic, and they are way more trendy.

So in my longdrawn statement, mac states and goes with whats trendy and popular, and frosty, glittery shiny stuff is trendy/popular...

Jmho of course
smiles.gif

kissacid

I konw what you mean about the glitter in lip products, although the gloss pots have lovely micro glitter, the older products have coarse ones that can crunch between the teeth lol...beautiful finish for pics tho.

I know MAC is ahead of the game in trends, I wouldn't go anywhere else (well, hardly!) for amazing colors...just that I kinda had enough of so many collections filled with super frosted colors. I don't mean I want more neutrals, I just look forward to more satin and velvety finishes that I find more versatile and easier to use both personally and commercially.

The only frost product I totally adore are the skinfinishers...scary as hell in the pot but look freaking amazing on the skin. Already halfway thru my Shimpagne. Now I want 2 more!

One product I'd love to see is a super frosted mascara - Imagine a highly metallic gold one, almost 24K lashes! dunno if that would be safe for eyes tho LOL

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissacid
I konw what you mean about the glitter in lip products, although the gloss pots have lovely micro glitter, the older products have coarse ones that can crunch between the teeth lol...beautiful finish for pics tho.

I know MAC is ahead of the game in trends, I wouldn't go anywhere else (well, hardly!) for amazing colors...just that I kinda had enough of so many collections filled with super frosted colors. I don't mean I want more neutrals, I just look forward to more satin and velvety finishes that I find more versatile and easier to use both personally and commercially.

The only frost product I totally adore are the skinfinishers...scary as hell in the pot but look freaking amazing on the skin. Already halfway thru my Shimpagne. Now I want 2 more!

One product I'd love to see is a super frosted mascara - Imagine a highly metallic gold one, almost 24K lashes! dunno if that would be safe for eyes tho LOL

I agree. Id like to see more of different things, but I love vps so I cant complain with the new ones coming out
greengrin.gif

Sephora made a gold mascara, but I think they d/cd it..not sure.

Id love to see mac put out a gold or silver mascara, that would be amazing...specially around the holidays
greengrin.gif

mspixieears

I kind of agree with the lovely lady who started this thread - I'm not so fond of frost finishes in eyeshadows or lipsticks. With MAC the frost e/s quality seems to vary and some don't work on me at all. And being an incessant lip-biter, frost lippies are not the way to go - they accentuate the cracks and all. Ugh! But some are better than others - I love my Cockatease l/s which is frost but Dainty Cake was death by frost for me.

Shawna

Ugh, I'm like a magpie, gotta have all the shiny stuff...........I just can't resist lipgloss or e/s with glitters in it.
oh.gif
ops:

Jessica

the more it sparkles the better....though Janice has warned me a million times about too much sparkle !!!!!!