Frost pigment

sigwing

I'm wondering how this compares to other white MAC shadows. I absolutely love Sugarwhite from a Chromezone quad, and it's mainly the texture and coverage of it, but it's also just so perfectly white.

Any suggestions for something close?

maxcat

Filament is close but a bit more silver - but it's got that same heavy chunkiness to it.

bellaetoile

sugar white is definately my favorite white shadow, as well. i find it a better white to work with than white frost, or gesso. if you can get your hands on the discontinued white pigment (the frost version), definately check it out, as well. i like it even better than sugar white, because the pigment is a true, pure, white, with muted shimmer.

Chic 2k6

if you wanted to, you could press the Frost pigment into an e/s pan so you can get a better color payoff and less messy to use, there are some tutorials in the tutorial section, HTH!

vicuna1

Frost pigment goes on pretty sheer w/very little actual white pigment. I use it over top mattes to add a dash of sparkle precisely because it doesn't alter the color by adding white. To me, Frost pigment looks the way fresh snow looks on a really cold but sunny day. Very sparkly, kind of ethereal.

sigwing

vicuna, thanks for telling me this, too. I was thinking about the "Frozen White," but noticed they say it has a blue opalescence, so then I started looking at "Frost," but wondered if it is more of a type of finish to add & it didn't have the nice white color of Sugarwhite, which I think would actually make a great perm. color. There's just something about the smooth texture of it, and it's "not too" frosty or matte either way. If I can snag another one of those quads, it'll be for that color. Well, and I love the grey-green shade in it, too, but the Sugarwhite is just really special. But I love the effect some of them add, like the pigment that was with SweetieCake that was a beautiful sheer kind of sparkly effect.

I think I'll be getting Vanilla pigment before I go for the Frost. And I'll keep my eye out for the old version of Frost, too!

sigwing

ah, I notice there's a couple other options on the Pro website that I know I can get over the phone...a White with pearl effect that sounds like something I might try. Anyone familiar with that one?

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicuna1
Frost pigment goes on pretty sheer w/very little actual white pigment. I use it over top mattes to add a dash of sparkle precisely because it doesn't alter the color by adding white. To me, Frost pigment looks the way fresh snow looks on a really cold but sunny day. Very sparkly, kind of ethereal.

COULDN'T have said it better myself.
thmbup.gif

ladybugz07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
ah, I notice there's a couple other options on the Pro website that I know I can get over the phone...a White with pearl effect that sounds like something I might try. Anyone familiar with that one?

I *think* that's the same as the discontinued White pigment. If you can still get it, go for it. That's probably as close as you're going to get. Frost pigment is not great texture-wise, and it has a very silvery shimmer to it. Frozen White has a similar texture and a blue iridescence. Vanilla and Pink Opal, while they have a much smoother, lovely texture - they still have an irridescence to them. But White pigment is perfect, it's a true white and it's not matte or overly shimmery...
smiles.gif