Full Coverage foundation for extremely dry skin

rachelizabethx

I've got extremely dry skin - I can literally feel myself scaling up throughout the day. So far I've tried MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Illamasqua Skin Base, Rimmel Match Perfection, and then my current two foundations - Diorskin Star and Loreal True Match. I love them for every day wear but I miss that full coverage. Any suggestions? I was wanting to try Estee Lauder Double Wear and Nars Sheer Matte but if they're just gonna mess up my skin then no point wasting money.

EDIT: I have a price limit of around about the same as Dior Star. Maybe £1/2 over.

mango13

I love Dior's Capture Totale Foundation. It's very dry skin friendly. I also have very dry skin and with other foundations I always see dry patches on my face, but this one is the best I've ever tried. Estee Lauder's Double Wear is okay compared to Capture Totale. I have samples of Double Wear, I wore it two days ago and saw a few dry patches... and today with Capture Totale I have none.

rachelizabethx

I love Dior's Capture Totale Foundation. It's very dry skin friendly. I also have very dry skin and with other foundations I always see dry patches on my face, but this one is the best I've ever tried. Estee Lauder's Double Wear is okay compared to Capture Totale. I have samples of Double Wear, I wore it two days ago and saw a few dry patches... and today with Capture Totale I have none.
Ahh thank you but way out of my price range. Probably should've mentioned, I don't want to go too much pricer than Dior Star! But thank you

mango13

Ahh thank you but way out of my price range. Probably should've mentioned, I don't want to go too much pricer than Dior Star! But thank you
Estee Launder's Double Wear would be my second choice if I had to get another foundation. You should get a sample if you can and try it out. Even though Capture Totale is pricey, I think it's an investment more than anything. A bottle will last you about 8 1/2 months.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Either EL Double Wear or Double Wear Maximum Cover (latter has even more coverage than regular DW). Illamasqua Rich Liquid is supposed to be really full coverage.

Latest posts