Full Coverage Foundation

BabyFu18

I was wondering if anyone here used the full coverage foundation. I recently tried studio stick, but for me the coverage was minimal. I need something with more coverage for acne and scars. Does it seem to break your face out? Just wondering how harsh it is. Or would you reccommend studio fix.

Thanks with any help.

absolut_blonde

It's very heavy. Similar to the pot concealer, but bigger. I would probably steer clear of it if you're breakout prone, it's thick and a bit greasy. But I'd probably pass on Studiofix, too, if you're breakout prone. MAC isn't great in general if you are prone to breaking out, their foundations give a lot of people problems.

bluegrassbabe

It is way to heavy for everyday use, IMO. It is nice to have around for special occasions or for photos. It would most likely make your acne worse if used routinely.

BabyFu18

What might be some other brands to try for a full coverage foundation? I'm on the search for a good foundation because the one I was using had a very strong scent that I could not handle (even though I tried for a very long time).

Whitney Costner

I've used MAC Full Coverage Foundation and you can see a pic of it in the FOTD section here: http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32234

It's great for short term use such as a photo shoot. I wouldn't recommend it for every day. It does go on a bit greasy. And it tends to melt in the Florida heat & humidity. The oil in my skin starts to come through and looks like little splotches where my pores are, after a while. So like I said, it's good for a couple of hours for a shoot. It didn't break me out. And it really did cover all of my imperfections (and there are many!) very, very well.

Hope my little review helps ya!

- Whitney Costner

caffn8me

Studio Tech gives very good coverage but is a little lighter to wear. Perhaps that would be a suitable alternative. Full Coverage is excellent for photography and I use quite a lot of it for that. It can certainly be used to give a flawless look but it's not to everyone's liking for all day use. If you do use it, it's a good idea to set it with a translucent as opposed to a coloured powder.