Gadget Junkie....

Indigowaters

Ok, now I'm thinking of getting a refurbished Treo 650. Would this be a good choice? I want all of the features but I want it to be easy on my pocket.

IslandGirl77

I got my 650 from Sprint so I dont' know how much Cingular charges. You can also check ebay. I acutally got a Treo 600 from ebay once for a 100 bucks and it was in good condition. But you know ebay, you have to be careful.

MiCHiE

OK. Cool. You can find a lot of free applications online, at the sites we listed. Just search for 'treo freeware'.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
I got my 650 from Sprint so I dont' know how much Cingular charges. You can also check ebay. I acutally got a Treo 600 from ebay once for a 100 bucks and it was in good condition. But you know ebay, you have to be careful.

Yeah, Cingular has one on the site (refurbished) for $99. I just wish I knew how long it would take to ship. I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

IslandGirl77

And if you have to pay for apps, there are cracks for them. Heh heh, not that I use that type of stuff.
lol.gif

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
And if you have to pay for apps, there are cracks for them. Heh heh, not that I use that type of stuff.
lol.gif

Cracks?
hmm.gif

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Yeah, Cingular has one on the site (refurbished) for $99. I just wish I knew how long it would take to ship. I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

They don't have overnight shipping. Sprint shipped my phone like overnight. I beleive they charged extra, but you should see if they can do that.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Cracks?
hmm.gif

Yeah, some software has free trials and then you have to pay. There are ways around that. So you can keep it without paying.

Indigowaters

Ok. I just checked online and it says on the site after ordering a new phone online, it should be expected between 1-2 business days. Yay! I think I'm going to order it
greengrin.gif

Well, I just did it! I'm going to be the proud new owner of a Treo 650! This is such an upgrade from my sucky little Motorola V220. They didn't even sell chargers for it anymore
ssad.gif

Shimmer

Cingular is *really* fast.
Like...everytime I've ordered a phone early enough in the day, it's arrived the next day fast.
smiles.gif

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Cingular is *really* fast.
Like...everytime I've ordered a phone early enough in the day, it's arrived the next day fast.
smiles.gif

Yay! I can't wait to play with it. I really need a phone like this though, cause I keep missing appointments and not knowing what I'm supposed to do for the weekend. I especially need this to track events that come up and to help me plan for them.

Shimmer

Once you get used to it you'll likely never use a "regular" phone again.
Every now and then I miss my SLVR but most of the time, not so much.
smiles.gif

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Ok. I just checked online and it says on the site after ordering a new phone online, it should be expected between 1-2 business days. Yay! I think I'm going to order it
greengrin.gif

Well, I just did it! I'm going to be the proud new owner of a Treo 650! This is such an upgrade from my sucky little Motorola V220. They didn't even sell chargers for it anymore
ssad.gif

Congrats to you, I think you'll like it. I don't think I could back to a regular phone either.

Indigowaters

Alright. I got my Treo! :woohoo: Now how do I get on Specktra? In the password section it keeps saying "--Unassigned--"

MiCHiE

You're gonna have to log on just as you do on a PC and get some cookies in that thing, girl! I had the damndest time trying to get those ♥s. I had to copy and paste my own name.

And CONGRATS
cheerleader.gif
You're gonna LOVE it!

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
You're gonna have to log on just as you do on a PC and get some cookies in that thing, girl! I had the damndest time trying to get those ♥s. I had to copy and paste my own name.

And CONGRATS
cheerleader.gif
You're gonna LOVE it!

Thanks. I finally did it. I guess I had to be patient.
lol.gif
I've had the darnest time with this thing. I had to switch sim cards back and forth to get old contacts, but I still don't have them all.