Gah! MAC interview on Monday. Send me good vibes!

claresauntie

I don't post EOTDs and FOTDs, so many of you don't know me, but I am here a lot and have been posting fairly regularly. So...

Could ya'll send good vibes towards Richmond, VA for my interview on Monday!?

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChotgurrl
Good luck!!! I have to call the MAC manager here for my 2nd one so I know how you feel!!!!!

((HUGS))

Well, then: GOOD LUCK TO YOU, TOO!!!
thmbup.gif

claresauntie

Update:

I went in for my interview with a counter manager at the local Macy's. It went REALLY well, but they only had a PT position open, and I need FT. I was willing to work Freelance, because I know you just don't get hired off the street to work FT for MAC (or at least: rarely).

I told the manager what I was thinking about at the end of the interview, and that I really needed FT because we have a young baby and we like to keep her fed and housed.
cutey.gif

So, she told me that she would really be sad to lose me, but that she would talk to her boss (regional person- I don't know the MAC title) and tell her about me and that I needed a FT job. Meanwhile, I could always tell her if I wanted the freelance job when she called me.

Sweet.

So I went home, kinda excited. And guess what? She called 2 days later to tell me that her boss had forwarded my name and resume to the manager of the local Nordstrom counter, who had 2 FT positions open.
clapping.gif

I didn't expect to hear from the other manager right away, but lo and behold, 1 hour later my phone rings! It's the Nordstrom counter manager, asking me to fill out the application on Nordstrom.com. I told her I had already done it when the 1st manager called.
winks.gif

She said someone would call me to set up an interview. This all happened on Thursday.

Friday, I get a call from the Cosmetics Dept. manager at Nordstrom, who says "can you come in for an interview with me tomorrow at 3:00?"
lol.gif
SURE I CAN!
lol.gif

I met with her for an hour, then with the MAC counter manager for about 20 minutes (it was really busy and she's really short-handed, so you could tell the last thing she wanted to do was an interview).

They both seemed to like me and I think I did very well! I'm now waiting to hear about 2 more interviews: the first with the manager of that whole Nordstrom location, the other my demo with the regional person and/or the trainer.

:holysheep:

The counter manager was telling me that she's looking for someone to be her "right hand", and one of the FT people she hires will be that person. (She has 2 positions open for FT). Someone who can learn how to do her job, too, to cover for her when she's out of town. Sweet! I was surprised she said that to me, but I have a lot of supervisory experience (I'm old!) and maybe that's a good thing that she said it- maybe she thinks I'm "The One"!
thmbup.gif

And there were a few more crazy things that happened:

1) The Cosmetics Dept. manager is from the town next to mine in MD (we're in Richmond, VA). I worked in vet hospitals for 10 years, and her father is a vet in that town- I worked a bit for another vet 3 miles down the street from his office!

2) The manager of the Nordies is someone I met a few months ago at the nail salon.
icon_eek.gif
She was really pregnant, and I had just had a baby. We were both new to the area, and exchanged email addresses to get the babies together for play groups at some point. We never caught up with one another, but she'll surely remember me.

3) The counter manager's friend is moving to the town where I went to college (also in MD).

HOW IRONIC IS THAT!?

So... I am feeling pretty confident. I was nervous about the demo until the counter manager told me that mostly they're looking to make sure I don't do something stupid like use a big fluffy blush brush on someone's eye, or spit on a brush or something really bad like that.
rofl.gif

FacesbyNiki

OH WOW!!! You are in my area, sort of.

You might be having your demo with the Regional Trainer Angie. Angie is awesome!!!!

You got this hun! You got this!!!!
smiles.gif

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Update:

I went in for my interview with a counter manager at the local Macy's. It went REALLY well, but they only had a PT position open, and I need FT. I was willing to work Freelance, because I know you just don't get hired off the street to work FT for MAC (or at least: rarely).

I told the manager what I was thinking about at the end of the interview, and that I really needed FT because we have a young baby and we like to keep her fed and housed.
cutey.gif

So, she told me that she would really be sad to lose me, but that she would talk to her boss (regional person- I don't know the MAC title) and tell her about me and that I needed a FT job. Meanwhile, I could always tell her if I wanted the freelance job when she called me.

Sweet.

So I went home, kinda excited. And guess what? She called 2 days later to tell me that her boss had forwarded my name and resume to the manager of the local Nordstrom counter, who had 2 FT positions open.
clapping.gif

I didn't expect to hear from the other manager right away, but lo and behold, 1 hour later my phone rings! It's the Nordstrom counter manager, asking me to fill out the application on Nordstrom.com. I told her I had already done it when the 1st manager called.
winks.gif

She said someone would call me to set up an interview. This all happened on Thursday.

Friday, I get a call from the Cosmetics Dept. manager at Nordstrom, who says "can you come in for an interview with me tomorrow at 3:00?"
lol.gif
SURE I CAN!
lol.gif

I met with her for an hour, then with the MAC counter manager for about 20 minutes (it was really busy and she's really short-handed, so you could tell the last thing she wanted to do was an interview).

They both seemed to like me and I think I did very well! I'm now waiting to hear about 2 more interviews: the first with the manager of that whole Nordstrom location, the other my demo with the regional person and/or the trainer.

:holysheep:

The counter manager was telling me that she's looking for someone to be her "right hand", and one of the FT people she hires will be that person. (She has 2 positions open for FT). Someone who can learn how to do her job, too, to cover for her when she's out of town. Sweet! I was surprised she said that to me, but I have a lot of supervisory experience (I'm old!) and maybe that's a good thing that she said it- maybe she thinks I'm "The One"!
thmbup.gif

And there were a few more crazy things that happened:

1) The Cosmetics Dept. manager is from the town next to mine in MD (we're in Richmond, VA). I worked in vet hospitals for 10 years, and her father is a vet in that town- I worked a bit for another vet 3 miles down the street from his office!

2) The manager of the Nordies is someone I met a few months ago at the nail salon.
icon_eek.gif
She was really pregnant, and I had just had a baby. We were both new to the area, and exchanged email addresses to get the babies together for play groups at some point. We never caught up with one another, but she'll surely remember me.

3) The counter manager's friend is moving to the town where I went to college (also in MD).

HOW IRONIC IS THAT!?

So... I am feeling pretty confident. I was nervous about the demo until the counter manager told me that mostly they're looking to make sure I don't do something stupid like use a big fluffy blush brush on someone's eye, or spit on a brush or something really bad like that.
rofl.gif

Thats such good news
smiles.gif
Im excited for you!!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
OH WOW!!! You are in my area, sort of.

You might be having your demo with the Regional Trainer Angie. Angie is awesome!!!!

You got this hun! You got this!!!!
smiles.gif

Yeah, you're nearby. Which counter are you working?

Thanks for the support, by the way.
wavey.gif

Latest posts