Gallery Gal in the MAC 'A MUSE' duo eyeshadow.

neotrad

I love how gorgeous Illusionary/Burning Ambition duo looks on my skin(MAC NC15 - Fair skin) because they look exactly how they look in the pot, but am having a problem with Gallery Gal in the Bright Side/Gallery Gal duo. Gallery Gal looks beautiful soft golden olive in the pot, but turns more like grey-ish green on my skin.
ssad.gif
Is it how it's supposed to look once it's applied on skin?

I use MAC CCB in Luna as a base(prefer not using Paints/Shadesticks/Mixing Medium) and other eyeshadows work just great with the CCB.

Your recommendations/suggestions will be very much appreciated!
Thank you.
smiles.gif

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaspearl83
It adds the perfect highlight to it and makes it stand out more.

So Swimming is the same or similar shade as Gallery Gal?
I don't have Swimming, but will consider getting it sometime soon. I haven't bought any single eyeshadows for a long time, so it's on my wish list now. Thank you for the suggestion!
smiles.gif

Shavwi

I use my New Weed Fluidline as a base and then use Gallery Gal over it and it really helps with bringing out the color

BlahWah

Shavwi's suggestion is great, and I'd also recommend using UD PP as a primer. Although I haven't used ccb's before, perhaps the texture (and the hint of colour in Luna?) may be interfering with Gallery Gal showing its true colours.

I've used paints (Bare Canvas and Baselight) with Gallery Gal and the colours are not as vibrant or true as when I use UD PP, which shows up colourless on the lids and dries to a powdery finish which holds shadows (really!!) well.