Game of Thrones

sayah

Any fans here? I love the show and I'm reading my way through the books. I read the first book, then watched the first episodes, and now I have about 100 pages left of the second book and my heart in my throat. It's so exciting... and heartbreaking!
eeksign.gif

LMD84

i need to read the books! so many people are talking about them and the show that i feel left out!

ElvenEyes

Huge fan! Loved the series so much (afraid to watch the season finale on Sunday because I know something tragic happens) and bought all the books! I am about 1/2 way through book 1 and decided to wait until tomorrow night before finishing. Then I plan to plow through book 2 over the summer along with other readings! :)

sayah

I'm glad there are other fans here! I've just started the third book and it's nailbitingly (sure, let's make that a word) exciting!

ElvenEyes

Okay, I cheated. I looked at the ending of the book before watching tonight's episode. Hehehe. And all I can say is never in my wildest dreams would I have come up with this! That is a good thing! I love the unpredictable!!!

sayah

Right? I nearly did a Joey (from Friends) and chucked my book in the freezer. That way it can't do anything funny!
wtff.gif

MzzRach

This book series is phenomenal. I have been a fan of the books for years - and the 5th one is finally being released in July (A Dance with Dragons). I read a lot, and these are some of the best I have ever read.

It was a daunting task to even attempt to adapt the books for a series, but I have to say HBO has done an incredible job. They had to truncate events (each book is massive) but they have really captured the essense of the story and characters.

sayah

I agree, and they've made some of the characters more likeable IMHO. I couldn't stand book-Jamie (well, thus far, I'm on book 3) but show-Jamie I really like.

jaylilee

I still have to catch up to the end of the season, but I'm trying to make it through the books first before I finish it. I freaking love the series so far, though. it's amazing! Need to read faster. Still reading through Mists of Avalon, though.

Latest posts