Garage/Yard/Rummage Sales

joytheobscure

I had a blast today- our town has the "worlds largest garage sale" or actually two towns in our county. Hundreds of garage sales, omg..we started at 7am and I only took $100 with me and I got so many clothes tons of clothes for work, slacks, capris, skirts, shoes, shirts like new for $1-$2 a pair. Limited, Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren, Gap, American Eagle.. Can't beat the deals. I was dreading needing new work clothes and buying jeans that are bigger..I also got a tent, a coleman three burner gas campstove- clothes for hubby, a bench seat with storage area, a rocking chair, tons of stuff for the kids (lego heaven for my son), two sets of hot rollers. I just love the like new clothes, I hate buying basic slacks for work, its my least favorite item of clothing to buy. I'm really picky I won't buy overpriced stuff, I just want the stuff that is being dumped dirt cheap.

and to top it off two bottles of Ralph Lauren perfume for $5 (nearly full both of them.)

It was a nice day for being 103 degrees.

Do any of y'all go to yardsales to alleviate the costs of a mac cosmetic addiction. I like to go to them, but I don't specifically leave to go to yardsales if I drive by one I will stop.
My best friend goes to garage sales and auctions, she married "Up" and her MIL says garage sales are for "poor" people... I am a poor person <grin> I guess. I have never found mac on a garage sale though!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Awesome! I bet you feel pretty spectacular about your purcahses! I know i do when i find awesome deals.

haha i also know what you mean about not buying over priced stuff.. I thru a fit when i had to pay 20 dollars for a pair of jeans.. which i later broke my leg in and they had to be cut off of me.. i was pretty pist" I PAID 20 BUCKS FOR THESE STUPID PANTS" as i lay in agony as they cut my pants off....

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_goddess
Garage sales are the best places to find antiques. Estate sales are even better.

I love em!

YESSSS estate sales are awesome too. my mom got all her living room ( huge oak entertainment center) and dining set ( a table with 4 chairs ) plus a washer and dryer at one for a few hundred dollars.. what a steal

aquarius11

If I happen to be driving by and I see a yard/garage sale I'll stop to see what they have. I love me a good sale! My hubby and I used to go garage sale-ing every Saturday; this is when we lived in Illinois. We got ourselves some awesome stuff for so cheap! But you are right...no MAC at any garage sale that I've been to. Wonder why, ha!

Chic 2k6

ive never been to a garage/yard sale but here in the UK we do car boot sales usually every Sunday.

i remember taking my stuff to car boot to get rid off and i only made £1.50 lol

Raerae

I would consider buying things that did not contain fabric from a garage sale. Pictures, Tables, Lamps, jewelery, etc.

But i refuse to wear 2nd hand clothing, it just seems kinda gross to me, to wear something someone else had on their body, regardless of how much you wash it.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
ive never been to a garage/yard sale but here in the UK we do car boot sales usually every Sunday.

i remember taking my stuff to car boot to get rid off and i only made £1.50 lol

That sounds like our "flea markets" we take stuff in our car or pickup to a swap meet/flea market the first saturday of the month, I live in the country so we don't have yard sales, but I could go to the flea market.

Chic 2k6

i went to one today and i bought a eeyore toy for baby Makayla (my sisters), a Piggin' photo frame for a friend, a book for my mom and 2 pairs of playboy socks, all came under £5 lol.

I went selling stuff at the fleamarket once and i made amazing £1.50 hahaha, not very good, then again it wasnt a good day though. I've alreay started the christmas shopping now and buying most of it at fleamarkets.

celesphine

I love garage sales. Unfortunately, I never end up getting anything special. We bought a plate, nicely decorated for $2 from our neighbours, but that plate is missing in action.
My friend's mother got herself a almost new set of Tupperware for $5 once, and she was rapt.

Hilly

I brag about wearing thrift store stuff all the time...

I can wear an outfit that costs $3.50 and yet the makeup on my face costs $100 haha. Love my mac.

Here is a good one.

Yesterday I tried on $118 lucky brand jeans. I wanted them, but did not want to use my gift card on them. Today I went to a thrift store and got similar lucky brand jeans for ....$7!!!!!

Latest posts