Gastric-Bypass

Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
like i am petite an slim and eat non stop takeaways, burgers, and adore italian and indian food....

i guess i just have a fast metabolism.

im always eating and never let my metabolism slow down...

damn, this used to be me.....f*ck getting older
finger.gif

poke.gif
No bad feelings towards you...just stating fact...as it stands w/ me

LinzBelle

Again, I have to stress that I have read numerous stories of patients. Gone to groups. Known people who had it. I KNOW what I'm getting into. I know the risks, and I'm willing to take them. I have a BMI of 52, it's very dangerous and that point. I can't stand for more than 10 minutes or walk for more that 30.

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
damn, this used to be me.....f*ck getting older
finger.gif

poke.gif
No bad feelings towards you...just stating fact...as it stands w/ me

how old... im 24 at the moment... when do i have to start being careful?guess its when your favourite jeans get tight... thats my bench mark!

as my mother is 50 and still tiny??

and i know its nothing personal
smiles.gif

Jessica

it's all in the genes (or jeans) heheehe....It hit me after I turned 26....now don't get me wrong, I'm not considered overweight by anyone's textbook but my own. It can be a bit depressing when you realize that yes, it's true...your body's metabolism does in fact change as you age.

Linzbelle, again keep us updated as to what's going on!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzBelle
Again, I have to stress that I have read numerous stories of patients. Gone to groups. Known people who had it. I KNOW what I'm getting into. I know the risks, and I'm willing to take them. I have a BMI of 52, it's very dangerous and that point. I can't stand for more than 10 minutes or walk for more that 30.

I can't blame you for wanting the procedure at all...

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzBelle

I actually support your decision, I also realize the risks... and understand that there are other ways but this is always a last resort because at one point it becomes a health risk to live the way you're living anyway... so the question is... are you willing to risk now and hopefully gain control of your life. Overweight people are subject to so much more health problems and a lower life expectancy... keep us updated on how it goes! I'm overweight and I've been putting on weight steadily all my life... so I'm trying my best to control it while I still have easier and less expensive options! If you will, PM me with you address too so I can know to send you a get well card =) Good luck!

P.S. Everyone is right though about people getting mixed results... some people see it as a way to write off your real problems and just let it do the work for you... but the truth is it's just a really powerful tool... it's only a part of a system... incuding good choices, excercise, and attacking any mental relationships you have with food... with the lap band you can actually have it removed once you've lost your goal weight if you want...

Latest posts