Gel Nails

nebbish

I've been looking into it, I'm really thinking about doing it.
My natural nails SUCKS. They aren't weak, but they grow in all ... uneven ... and I can't ever shape them properly, tho I've tried. I just prefer fake nails. Polish stays on longer, too...

Anyway, I've been researching and whatever. I've read all applicable threads here. I still can't find an answer to the most important question : Can I polish them myself? Or do I have to do colored gels & stick it out?
My problem is that I love to change my nail color & I hate it when my nails don't match. If I can't polish them myself, that means always getting french or black and that's lame.

chynegal

u can put polish over gel nails that is what i currently have on mine now....i usually do the gel with a diff color tip..its kind of like the pink and white but the tips are not white i change it to a diff color...i didnt have the time to change them last week so i just did a color over them

gildedangel

You can put polish on gel nails! You can use nail polish remover, but only non-acetone nail polish remover! Using acetone will ruin the gels. I also wouldn't recommend changing your polsih much while you have gel nails, you will ruin them faster. HTH!

nebbish

Sweet. Thank you, Gilded.

Does anybody happen to know of any tricks to finding good salons?

Latest posts