Gems/Jewels

Marielle001

Do you guys tend to buy cosmetic gems (i.e. Make Up For Ever makes gems for cosmetic application) or head down to the craft store and apply them with surgical glue? I've been thinking that buying rhinestones from the craft store would be cheaper, and safe with the appropriate adhesive. Thoughts?

triccc

I always used the kind from the craft store.

I use either lash adhesive or spirit gum to apply them.

Ella_

I get mine from the craft store. I avoid the plastic ones because they can look really dull, I always go for the glass ones, usually in 3mm or 5mm sizes. Fabric stores also have the glass ones but usually only in clear or that opalised colour...

j_absinthe

Eyelash adhesive works fine for me.

If anyone knows where to get black gems online (preferably of different sizes) it'd be greatly appreciated.

sternchen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Eyelash adhesive works fine for me.

If anyone knows where to get black gems online (preferably of different sizes) it'd be greatly appreciated.

I always order them online:

www.strass.com

Don´t know about the shipping to USA, but they got almost everything, in every size and shade.

And they got the swarovski´s,which are the best for me, because they look really like diomands, but got someothers (preciosa), too. These are cheaper, but not looking crappy, so I sometime use these for the face.

HTH

Weasel

i wear swarovski crystals on my face at dance competitions, and i get them in bulk from my costume designer
i normally buy 1500, which is good for me because i need them for when a crystal comes off my costume, and i can stick one back on,and this happens alot because my costume has over 10,000 swarovski crystals on it lol =]
i stick them on my face and hair with eyelash glue or spirit gum

HTH

Latest posts