General Chanel Chat

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Hi ladies -- for those of you who have the Dunes quad -- how do you like it? Is it the best neutral Chanel quad? I saw a pic of an actress wearing it (I can't remember who) and now I am completely obsessed with it. Do I need this in my life??

Was it this that got you obsessed:
TROY JENSEN

I'm been in the same boat for months now. The only reason I haven't picked it up yet is because I've been consumed with new collections and picking up LE stuff first. It looks GORGEOUS!!!

Camnagem

Should I be rushing to get the JC/Glossimer/Mascara set? This is my first Chanel holiday and I have no idea how long the sets last online/in store.

I think buying MAC kinda distorts your view on other brands and LE items...
lol.gif

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!
friends.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Was it this that got you obsessed:
TROY JENSEN

I'm been in the same boat for months now. The only reason I haven't picked it up yet is because I've been consumed with new collections and picking up LE stuff first. It looks GORGEOUS!!!

I actually bought Maldives l/s and the Colibri gloss a while ago because of that picture!! I think Troy Jensen is amazing! I love Rachel McAdams, too.

This is the pic that was my inspiration for Dunes (of course, she is way younger than me -- but the makeup is gorgeous):
Here?s How To Get Nina Dobrev?s Golden Teen Choice Awards Makeup! Hollywood Life
I must have googled Chanel Dunes looks -- don't ask me how I came across that site -- I really don't visit gossip sites LOL
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Should I be rushing to get the JC/Glossimer/Mascara set? This is my first Chanel holiday and I have no idea how long the sets last online/in store.

lol.gif

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!
friends.gif

It all looks so fun! I was eyeing the glossimer set in the cute bag. I need to give some hints to my husband for the holiday season
yes.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I actually bought Maldives l/s and the Colibri gloss a while ago because of that picture!! I think Troy Jensen is amazing! I love Rachel McAdams, too.

This is the pic that was my inspiration for Dunes (of course, she is way younger than me -- but the makeup is gorgeous):
Here?s How To Get Nina Dobrev?s Golden Teen Choice Awards Makeup! Hollywood Life
I must have googled Chanel Dunes looks -- don't ask me how I came across that site -- I really don't visit gossip sites LOL
smiles.gif

Thanks for feeding my Dunes lemming even more. That look is stunning also!

elegant-one

Quote:

lol.gif

Not to create makeup hysteria in you
girlhaha.gif
but the Nordies Chanel lady told me yesterday that they only got a few, sold quite a few & that was all they were getting
icon_eek.gif
They only had 4 brush sets left.

elegant-one

So, I have been using that sample of the new Sublimage Essential Revitalizing Concentrate serum (Essence Cellulaire Detoxifiiante) for about a week now & I have to say that it has made my skin so incredibly soft & smooth. Not like how your skin is after moisturizer though, its different than that - like a skin texture feel. The only other thing I've noticed is a more even pigment tone, subtle but noticeable.

Its one of the new free sample choices on chanel.com - or ask your counter

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
girlhaha.gif

You would never do such a thing.

lol.gif

winkiss.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
You would never do such a thing.

lol.gif

winkiss.gif

girlhaha.gif
greengrin.gif

oh, I forgot - the above serum I mentioned - just looked it up & it sells for only $425
lol.gif
nope.gif

missanne

Quote:
girlhaha.gif
but the Nordies Chanel lady told me yesterday that they only got a few, sold quite a few & that was all they were getting
icon_eek.gif

Same here. My Belk didn't get the brush sets at all and they only got 3 of the polish and gloss sets. I haven't checked Nordies yet though.

purrtykitty

Quote:
girlhaha.gif
greengrin.gif

oh, I forgot - the above serum I mentioned - just looked it up & it sells for only $425
lol.gif
nope.gif

And that is why I avoid getting the skincare samples and try for the perfumes and makeup. Even if I could afford to pay that, I probably wouldn't.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
And that is why I avoid getting the skincare samples and try for the perfumes and makeup. Even if I could afford to pay that, I probably wouldn't.

I agree - I would never pay that. But, I will hoard as many samples as I can to enjoy it while I can
greengrin.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
I agree - I would never pay that. But, I will hoard as many samples as I can to enjoy it while I can
greengrin.gif

Hey, that's the way to go. I have so many samples of Inimitable Mascara, it'll be at least a year before I need buy mascara!

stv578

Quote:
girlhaha.gif
greengrin.gif

lol.gif
nope.gif

So that'll be only be about $700 Canadian!

I'm still quite happy with the Ultra Correction Line Repair Serum. The eye cream is just meh though, it's hydrating, but not spectacular for the cost. I guess I should post this in the skincare thread!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
So that'll be only be about $700 Canadian!

I'm still quite happy with the Ultra Correction Line Repair Serum. The eye cream is just meh though, it's hydrating, but not spectacular for the cost. I guess I should post this in the skincare thread!

icon_eek.gif
gee, only $700
nope.gif
wouldn't dh love to see a makeup receipt like that.

I agree with you on the LR for the eye. I love the serum a lot, but the eye is just ok, but a little better than others that I've used. But yeah, doesn't really do much.

stv578

Quote:
icon_eek.gif
gee, only $700
nope.gif
wouldn't dh love to see a makeup receipt like that.

I just don't get the difference in price though between the U.S. and Canada. The dollar has been close to par for a few years, yet it seems there is about a $3 difference for about every twenty dollars. So our polishes go for I think $28, our lipsticks go for $38 or $39, and so on.

Camnagem

Quote:
girlhaha.gif
icon_eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by missanne
Same here. My Belk didn't get the brush sets at all and they only got 3 of the polish and gloss sets. I haven't checked Nordies yet though.

shockt.gif
SOS.gif
amazed.gif

Ok then! I really don't want to miss out so it looks like I'll be grabbing things pretty soon to hide away for Christmas.

Thanks!
friends.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
shockt.gif
SOS.gif
amazed.gif

Ok then! I really don't want to miss out so it looks like I'll be grabbing things pretty soon to hide away for Christmas.

Thanks!
friends.gif

greengrin.gif
Sounds like a fun plan to me.

Latest posts