General Chanel Chat

bis

We all have those breakdown days, it's totally normal and healthy! I think women have the tendency to carry around more "stuff" than men and we need that breakdown every once in a while to remain sane and release some stress. Shopping is always an awesome release for me, as is baking something sweet or taking a hot bubble bath with a LUSH product!

Somehow a warm cookie right out of the oven makes everything a bit better.
yummy.gif

Speaking of shopping...my big box of goodies from Sephora's F&F arrived! I can't wait to play with everything, it's like a mini-Christmas!
th_happy1.gif

Can I have a cookie!
greengrin.gif

To be honest, I find cleaning very stress relieving. Atm I want to clean windows so badly. Very bad sign.

Let me know how you like your stuff from the FF sale, I got my NARS goodies and I am majorly disappointed.

Bonitinha

Bis -- feel free to come and clean my windows! LOL! I love organizing things when I am stressed, too. My husband comes home to find me yanking everything out of closets and drawers and throwing tons of stuff away. I'm so glad he can deal with my neurotic personality!
Meg -- let us know how you like your goodies!

Has anyone gotten anything from the MAC Tartan Tale collection? I have been putting it off -- I love the packaging, but I still have a few (who am I kidding with a few, I mean *a lot*) of Chanel lippies I want, like this one:
http://cafemakeup.com/2010/11/chanel-rouge-allure-confidentielle/

bis

Bis -- feel free to come and clean my windows! LOL! I love organizing things when I am stressed, too. My husband comes home to find me yanking everything out of closets and drawers and throwing tons of stuff away. I'm so glad he can deal with my neurotic personality!

Has anyone gotten anything from the MAC Tartan Tale collection? I have been putting it off -- I love the packaging, but I still have a few (who am I kidding with a few, I mean *a lot*) of Chanel lippies I want, like this one:

lol.gif
Nice try there. If you invite me and promise me a shopping trip I might be up for it.
And I do the same thing as you, last weekend I was going through a lot of my notes and threw away a lot of it. Btw, singing when I go home in my car works as well
sneaky.gif

So far I have not gotten anything from TT, but I booked a makeover event and will pick it up then. What's on your TT list?
Confidentielle looks very nice, I might have to check it out.

Bonitinha

Bis ~ I was eyeing Faerie Glen and Courting Lilac lipsticks from TT. I also loved the lippie from the Van and Glorious lip kit (I like the lipstick Mellow Mood). And the Sassy Pink Lassie (love the name!) lipglass set. Just trying to figure out how many pink lipsticks/glosses I really need!

I am still wanting Confidentelle and Incognito Chanel lipsticks. And don't get my started on the glosses . . . why is my list endless??
smiles.gif

I wish I could see a swatch of Rose Dust JC blush. I love the sound of a silvery pink -- I just wonder if it is really pale and would show up?? In Love is still on my list too -- but I am really loving the looks of the blush from the Spring collection next year
drools.gif

elegant-one

I got some things from TT. I bought Family Crest & MN pigments, TFG & Courting Lilac lipsticks (b2m for both) & I may get FF.I got HBC pink blush which I absolutely LOVE on, the black & brown pearlglides which I love too.

I hope you're feeling better!
th_hug.gif

Monday was a crappy day for me
ssad.gif
Hubby BP spiked so we were at the doctors & then went to visit my aging parents which is never ever easy.

I highly recommend Confidentelle gloss...its so beautiful & looks awesome with a smokey eye. It my fave go to when I'm in a hurry or don't know what else I want to wear.

bis

You have no idea how much it makes me feel better that I am not the only one that cleans out closets when I stressed.

From NARS I got Downtown gloss (disappears on my lips), Melusine (not sure I like the purple and I had a huge deja-vu with the colour) and Petit Monstre (have not tried it yet, looks very warm to me).
Can you recommend the Josie Maran hair stuff?

I hope you and your husband are feeling better, is he ok again?

elegant-one

You have no idea how much it makes me feel better that I am not the only one that cleans out closets when I stressed.
From NARS I got Downtown gloss (disappears on my lips), Melusine (not sure I like the purple and I had a huge deja-vu with the colour) and Petit Monstre (have not tried it yet, looks very warm to me).
Can you recommend the Josie Maran hair stuff?

Yes, I clean out at least more than 1 closet, drawers etc.
th_dunno.gif
it definitely is a stress reliever. That & I exercise like a maniac.

Well, I don't know about the hair serum yet because I just ordered it today, but I can't help to think that I will love it. I use the regular JM Argan Oil now on my face, nails & hair & it is the most fantastic stuff ever. So I am really anxious to see how the blushes are too. Both the hair serum & the blushes get really really great reviews & the blushes are sold out at Sephora.com I had to pay for shipping from a store, but at least I got the F&F discount.

Thats so thoughtful of you to ask - yes, he is feeling better. Doc says he needs to exercise more & cut out the salt. Both of which I nag about
whistle.gif

Thanks dear!

Camnagem

From NARS I got Downtown gloss (disappears on my lips), Melusine (not sure I like the purple and I had a huge deja-vu with the colour) and Petit Monstre (have not tried it yet, looks very warm to me). Can you recommend the Josie Maran hair stuff?

Oh bummer about Melusine! It's my next item to try from the F&F haul, I hope I like it! I really like the looks of it, but who knows how I'll feel when I try it on the eyes. In the pan the lighter shade kinda reminds me of Hypnotizing from MAC which I love...I hope it shows that way on.

Bonitinha

Are you liking both of the lipsticks you got from TT collection? Those are both on my list. Although I kinda wish the lipsticks came in some type of cute packaging. I am trying to think of the blush you got . . . I'l have to check it out.
I am feeling much better, thank you
heart.gif

So scary about your hubby. A doctor visit is never a fun thing. I hope he is doing much better!
Oooh -- there is a Confidentelle gloss? I've only seen the lipstick. Off to the Chanel site . . .
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Bis -- I am the same about glaze lipsticks -- I wonder if the finish would look better with a gloss on top? I just love that color of Courting Lilac. If you find out what the MUA suggested instead of Mellow Mood that would be great. Bummer that it is so sheer!

Meg -- you are making me want to run over for the MAC TT collection right now! I thought I would only buy 1 or 2 things, but that may change!

I saw my hubs bought me the cute pink Chanel glossimer/lip pencil/bag set. He is saving it for Christmas I guess. I just want to go break into it!

elegant-one

Meg - I just bought one of BB metallic ls in calypso Coral to go with the coral shimmer blush & it is so silky pretty on, Its a coral peach that I don't have in any other ls. I saw swatches of the new BB lipstick Red Jewel on musingsofamuse site. I may have the name reversed.
Thanks for the love - it means a lot
winkiss.gif

Bonitinha - I really really like Courting lilac, TFG seems like it needs more of a pink tone for me, but its an ok nude. I forgot that I also got Cut A Caper & I do love it on - its a very soft peach coral - sheer.
My bad - its Confidence extrait gloss that I love love
smiles.gif
I swear I have brain drain today.
Thanks dear! He is doing fine now, but he needs to watch what he eats. Yeah, I am not fond of doctors, hospitals etc. - I am a health nut
greengrin.gif

lol.gif
- I did laugh out loud when I read that you saw what hubby bought you for Christmas
greengrin.gif
I would never want to wait. so funny. You could always try it out & tuck it back away like a little kid would do.
girlhaha.gif

stv578

Hey ladies! I hate that I don't have much time anymore to come on here.

I enjoyed the conversation about stress and cleaning! I looove to clean and organize! I get lost in it!

I finally picked up the Misty Soft duo. I really like it, alot! It's not as quick and easy as Taupe Delicate, because I need to pull out something else for the brow bone. But it's such a nice, super soft smokey purple eye. Perfect for daytime if applied lightly, and found it a lot more flattering then expected, but I did go really light on the dark shade. There are still a few more things I want, but they will have to wait for a while.

Elegant, sorry to hear that dh had a scare with his BP. I hope it's down now and staying that way.

For all of you that hauled with f&f, hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

Michelle, you have to resist going for your present from your hubby! I think it is so cute that he picked it up so early! My husband usually goes the day before!

Bonitinha

Elegant -- love your idea of breaking into that present early
sneaky.gif
It just cracks me up that he goes to the trouble of getting it early, yet "hides" it somewhere I can see it LOL

Nora -- I don't know if I can resist the glossimer bag.
lol.gif
When we were first married he was not so on top of things -- and I finally realized I had to step in and give him some help (like sending him links to the products with a note that says P.S. I want this) teehee!

Miss QQ

Hello, ladies! Nice to see everyone chatty today.
wavey.gif

Nora, I'm encouraged to hear you like Misty-Soft.
winks.gif
Maybe I need to pick up one of the duos soon!

Michelle, that's very cute! If I can get the presents I want, I don't mind sending hints at all!
smiles.gif
Enjoy your lip bag, I love the look of it!

I finish reading Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky. I enjoyed reading the book, and it gives me a better picture of who she is as a woman, as compared to how we see her as a business woman.

elib067

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the Chanel chat part of specktra. I have been MIA from makeup for a while bought Chanel sucked me back in so hopefully I will be frequenting the boards more often!

mrslid

Morning everyone! Now I feel the overwhelming urge to clean house! I swear since I've gone back to work and with my 1 and 2 year old at home I never seem to find time to clean anymore. The house is a write-off!

I'm feeling the urge to haul because I'm having a crappy day and feel crappy. Day 6 of my detox and I had a really rough morning. But I got the kids dropped off and made it to work so hopefully it will turn around. I smooshed the top of my Cambon Rouge Coco in the cap this morning really bad. I'm so upset about it. It is going to drive me nuts :-( By the way...Pink Pulsion over a light stain of Cambon is gorgeous!

Welcome Bryant007 and elib067!! You will love it here!

stv578

Mrslid, I hear ya with the little one's and work. I was lucky enough to take an extra year off after my second (my total mat leave amounted to almost four years between two kids with 6 months back between them!). I found that did help, because it's a whole lot harder when they're still babies. I have only recently gotten to the point that I can put breakfast on the table in the morning, and they'll eat and then get themselves dressed. But ya, it's definitely hectic, to say the least. When they're really small, you have to do everything for them, when they start to get a bit older and more independent, it gives you time in the morning, but then you have school work in the evenings! Time flies though, so as crazy as the routine is, before you know it, they're not babies anymore, and you will probably miss these days! My son will be six this weekend, I don't know where the time went.

Try not to let the lipstick bother you. After a few uses, it probably won't bug you as much. I do know how you feel, I'm incredibly OCD about my make-up (among other things).

Latest posts