General Chanel Chat

califabulous

ooh im going to google chalys. how is hyde park gals? It seems so bright..... pretty but i was thinking it my not suit me....and mademoiselle...does anyone recommend this shade?

shontay07108

Hyde Park and Mademoiselle would be beautiful on you. I own both and love them. Mademoiselle is an easy shade to wear and you can pair it with almost anything. HP is a fun and bright, but it's not neon. Plus, you can apply it lightly to get the look you want. It has a great, great texture.

Miss QQ

Mademoiselle is great. I agree with Shontay, it goes with everything. I don't have HP but I think Mademoiselle has a great texture too, unlike some RCs which are too dry or too slippery.

Shadowy Lady

Booo I'm jealous Mademoiselle does not show up on me. My lips are too red :( I like Chalys in the tube, but not on myself currently due to my end of winter skintone. I'll go back for it when I'm back from my vacation and have a tan :)

QueenOfSnark

I agree that Hyde Park is bright and fun, but honestly it's not one of my favorite Chanel lippies. Its texture is wonderful and smooth like all Rouge Allures, but there's something about its tone that looks slightly off against my skin.

If you try Mademoiselle and found it slightly too light (I did) then try #34 Satin. It's a slightly deeper version of Mademoiselle. I don't see it on Chanel's site anymore (I don't see Kensington or Hyde Park either) so if you find yourself liking it I'd snap it up right away.

shontay07108

That's odd to me that Mademoiselle shows up too lightly on you Shadowylady and Queen. It really works on me and I was surprised to find that out. I took a chance and bought it b/c I know so many people love it. I guess I always think of my lips as being darker than they really are.

shadowaddict

Lots of lippie people here so maybe you guys can suggest something.

I want to find a dupe for MAC Viva Glam Cyndi. I only bought one as I didn't think I'd wear it much. But I love the color and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. I use it that much.

It's a bright for my pale skin but not so much that scares me. I love bright and vampy colors on other people. I'm just afraid of them.

Shadowy Lady

Shadowaddict - I don't have Cyndi but there are a tone of nice coral shades in the Chanel lines so maybe other ladies who have that one can help you out with a dupe. I personally LOVE vampy shades on pale ppl though. I only wear my vampy lipsticks in cooler months when I'm paler. Bright shades on the other hand, I think they are universally flattering, it just depends on your comfort level.

That's odd to me that Mademoiselle shows up too lightly on you Shadowylady and Queen. It really works on me and I was surprised to find that out. I took a chance and bought it b/c I know so many people love it. I guess I always think of my lips as being darker than they really are.

would u say ur lips are more brown or mauve shade? Mine always look kinda "bitten", like a pinky red shade...so I have a hard time with nude, mauve or brown subtle shades. I can only do subtle shades if they are red or pink as they enhance my natural lip colour

shontay07108

Lots of lippie people here so maybe you guys can suggest something. I want to find a dupe for MAC Viva Glam Cyndi. I only bought one as I didn't think I'd wear it much. But I love the color and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. I use it that much. It's a bright for my pale skin but not so much that scares me. I love bright and vampy colors on other people. I'm just afraid of them. 
You can try Coquette RA, which is a bit lighter and a bit pinker or Flamboyante RA which is a little redder. Both are kinda in the same family as Cyndi, though. Coquette probably being the best choice. 
Shadowaddict - I don't have Cyndi but there are a tone of nice coral shades in the Chanel lines so maybe other ladies who have that one can help you out with a dupe. I personally LOVE vampy shades on pale ppl though. I only wear my dampy lipsticks in cooler months when I'm paler. Bright shades on the other hand, I think they are universally flattering, it just depends on your comfort level.   would u say ur lips are more brown or mauve shade? Mine always look kinda "bitten", like a pinky red shade...so I have a hard time with nude, mauve or brown subtle shades. I can only do subtle shades if they are red or pink as they enhance my natural lip colour
My lips are definitely brown.

QueenOfSnark

I actually think Flamboyante is closer to Cyndi than Coquette, albeit a shade darker as you said. Coquette I found to be a muted warm pink, almost as if Hyde Park and Belgravia had a baby. I passed on it. Then again ShadowAddict you said you're pale so the differences might be a bit, well, different.
lol.gif

shontay07108

I think it's all in who's wearing it. Coquette is more coral on me. If it had been pink, I would've hated it. Kinda over pink these days.

QueenOfSnark

^The natural color of your lips too. I've recently realized that my lips are much paler than I originally thought, but my skin tone definitely affects how it looks on me (or maybe how I perceive it to be).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Lots of lippie people here so maybe you guys can suggest something.

I want to find a dupe for MAC Viva Glam Cyndi. I only bought one as I didn't think I'd wear it much. But I love the color and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. I use it that much.

It's a bright for my pale skin but not so much that scares me. I love bright and vampy colors on other people. I'm just afraid of them.

I'd say Flamboyante is fairly close, but, like others have said, a bit redder. On me, Coquette doesn't look that similar, in that a lot of the pink tones are more evident (it's still a coral shade, but with a lot of pink). VG Cyndi actually has more brown than either shade to my eye.

califabulous

what about must have glossimer? i know they are mostly sheer but I am looking for a nudish color -maybe like sweet beige? I looked at Pensee, Pink teaser...I don't want any berry or reds but still with some slight color. I plan to wear it alone. but i do love that it can easily be worn over l/s to add sparkle :) I am hoping to hit Nords on Sat and knock this out but I will probably just swatch and go for some back to mac items! also, I think I am about to give in and buy a pair of Toms
th_rolleye0014.gif
I drank the kool-aid....

Bonitinha

Califabulous -- I love Sundress glossimer. It is kind of a pinky beige nude. I know a lot of people like Seashell also for a bit of sparkle. Muscat is my all time fave nude glossimer from Chanel. It was LE -- but if you ever see it anywhere, snap it up because it is gorgeous!

QueenOfSnark

I'm a big fan of Sunset Gold, a beigey-sandy-gold, and Braise, a coppery red. Recently I learned the hard way though that glossimers don't like to be laid down in a drawer...a third of my Sparkle D'Or drained out before I realized this. >_< Keep them upright!

shadowaddict

Thanks everyone. I will check these out. Flamboyante sounds like that would definitely be a good one for me to try. If Coquette has more of a pink tone it probably will not very well on me.

Icecaramellatte

Can anyone tell me what happens at a Chanel event? I usually don't sign up for makeover events because I've usually already bought all the new products by the time the event arrives. I always wonder why the MAs tell me about the event after I have bought something. Aren't I expected to buy something at the makeover? The MA told me about the makeover event after I bought Malice. At first I said no but then she said they may have new stuff there so I relented. Plus, I was considering buying Tumulte or Pink Explosion. Now I'm not so sure I want to make a purchase. I'm wondering if I should cancel. Is there a lot of pressure to buy?

xphoenix06

Can anyone tell me what happens at a Chanel event? I usually don't sign up for makeover events because I've usually already bought all the new products by the time the event arrives. I always wonder why the MAs tell me about the event after I have bought something. Aren't I expected to buy something at the makeover? The MA told me about the makeover event after I bought Malice. At first I said no but then she said they may have new stuff there so I relented. Plus, I was considering buying Tumulte or Pink Explosion. Now I'm not so sure I want to make a purchase. I'm wondering if I should cancel. Is there a lot of pressure to buy?
There shouldn't be any pressure to purchase anything during an event with Chanel. If they have a professional makeup artist that they hired specifically for that event they may require you to put down $30 - $50 (depending on your counter) just so that it's worth that professional makeup artists' time. They usually have the event after the new collection has launched (not sure why). When they have events they usually will give a gwp to those who make a purchase because they come for the event. Depending on your counter, they may have the summer collection for this year out when the event comes around for you.

califabulous

Thank you! you gals are fabulous with the recs. i love going in with a list so I can check out the shades before asking the counter person. muscat? hmmm I'll have to google that :)

I'm a big fan of Sunset Gold, a beigey-sandy-gold, and Braise, a coppery red. Recently I learned the hard way though that glossimers don't like to be laid down in a drawer...a third of my Sparkle D'Or drained out before I realized this. >_< Keep them upright!
REALLY? omg I didn't know that. how am i supposed to carry that around in my bag all day!? wowza....

Latest posts