General Chanel Chat

Teger

And Chanel is axing the following shades of perfection lumiere (in the USA, not sure about worldwide): BA24, BA34, BA44, BA54, BA64 and A94. Due to "soft sales"

Never2Much

Posting these here.. my Chanel lippies which have survived the travel, and are in one single place now.. lol. some of my latest colours are not pictured as they are in my weekly rotation bucket. ha.

here goes:

Sadly these are just Chanel -- I probably have more MAC lippies since I have so many samples.. lol

good grief... I need rehab
Wow, and I thought I had a problem ;) so what is your favorite Glossimer?

I get stuck in a rut and usually stick to the same color Wild Rose 119, its been my go too for a very long time. 139 was my favorite until it was discontinued. A few colors I have bought recently are 166 (GREAT summer color), 87, and 171. I have a few CoCo Shine, not my favorite lippie of theirs. Wears nice, staying power stinks. If I had to choose a color in the Coco Shine I would say 54 by far. And....I just bought my first Double Intesite 42........the jury is still out on this one though. Favorite liner by far is 15. When it comes to lippies and liners, I have a slew of them. Like you my MAC stock pile out weights my Chanel. MAC has a much better color selection, Chanel just wears better for me.

BreeMakeupGeek

2014 USA price increases: Lipsticks are $35 (up from $34( Aqua Crayons (USA Only) are $29 (up from $26) Single Eyeshadows are $29.50 (up from $28.50) Eye Kohls are $29.00 (up from $28.00) Stylo Yeux Waterproof are $32.00 (up from $30.00) Perfection Lumiere are $57.00 (up from $55.00) Lift Lumiere are $67.00 (up from $65.00) Joues Contraste are $45.00 (up from $43.00) Base Lumiere is $45.00 (up from $42.00) Some of the perfumes are going up as well.. Anything priced $85 is going up to $90, and $115 to $120 1/4oz parfums are $110 from $105 1/2oz les exclusifs parfums are $200 from $175 they should go in effect sometime around February, but it could be sooner.
Ugh I know my Chanel SA mentioned the price increase, I which Chanel had a CCO.

User38

Wow, and I thought I had a problem ;) so what is your favorite Glossimer?

I get stuck in a rut and usually stick to the same color Wild Rose 119, its been my go too for a very long time. 139 was my favorite until it was discontinued. A few colors I have bought recently are 166 (GREAT summer color), 87, and 171. I have a few CoCo Shine, not my favorite lippie of theirs. Wears nice, staying power stinks. If I had to choose a color in the Coco Shine I would say 54 by far. And....I just bought my first Double Intesite 42........the jury is still out on this one though. Favorite liner by far is 15. When it comes to lippies and liners, I have a slew of them. Like you my MAC stock pile out weights my Chanel. MAC has a much better color selection, Chanel just wears better for me.
lol.. I know -- I am severely damaged.

I have only used Sparks and Innocent something or other no. 297 -- I rarely use Glossimers as I have fat lips.

I have lots of MAC lgs too and few used also. I have always preferred matte / satin finishes. And I so agree, Chanel has better wear for me too

side bar: Fougy is fabulousssssssssssssssssss
kissy.gif

User38

I have both and loveeeee both -- different effects which I can switch according to my clothes and what I am doing.

Fougy was a surprise for me tho!

Never2Much

Ugh, all this Fougueuse and La Diva is tempting me!! These just might get me in the Spring spirit
flower.gif
........I think I will hit the Chanel counter tomorrow.

@HerGreyness I am going to have a look at Spark. This too looks like a color I could use!! Just out of curiosity, why do you wear Intonation under your foundation? (sorry, I saw you post this on another thread
smiles.gif
)

josephine90

Was the inspiration cream blush LE? It seemed to be permanent according to blogs. I can't seem to find it online anymore.

jebogewf

Was the inspiration cream blush LE? It seemed to be permanent according to blogs. I can't seem to find it online anymore.
I thought it was permanent, at least it was supposed to be permanent (when it first came out). But then when the collection came out on Chanel.com, I noticed that it said LE. I don't know why.

Teger

Inspiration was supposed to be permanent, but turned into LE... This happened to my beloved Beryl eyeliner (the pale lavender) from Spring 2013. Love that color. *sigh* Why they do it? Who knows...

Teger

What do you think of the Le Blanc Brightening Base in Rosee?
I like it more than any of Chanel's previous "makeup bases" If you use any foundation medium coverage or less, it does add luminosity. It also does make foundation go on smoother. For example- perfection lumiere is notorious for being quick-drying... But with the base underneath it makes spreading the foundation out much smoother. I love that it has SPF 30... It's the perfect partner for any of Chanel's skincare, as none of the moisturizers have SPF now. (As long as someone doesn't want a matte finish)

elegant-one

If you use any foundation medium coverage or less, it does add luminosity. It also does make foundation go on smoother. For example- perfection lumiere is notorious for being quick-drying... But with the base underneath it makes spreading the foundation out much smoother. I love that it has SPF 30... It's the perfect partner for any of Chanel's skincare, as none of the moisturizers have SPF now. (As long as someone doesn't want a matte finish)
Thanks so much, I appreciate all of the information. Some SA have told me that it does have a pink cast. I'm very pale, would it be better if I can pick up the Lilas - Asia one?

User38

I need the pink.. I am too yellow
ohboy.gif

I think Lilas would be lovely on you.. do you have access to the Lilas powder? maybe you could try some of that and get a better idea.

elegant-one

I need the pink.. I am too yellow
ohboy.gif

I think Lilas would be lovely on you.. do you have access to the Lilas powder? maybe you could try some of that and get a better idea.
Is the powder an Asia exclusive too? But I really want the glow that the liquid gives. I'm really wanting the Lilas base...but I would have to get it on ebay unless there is another trustworthy source :(

Everyone that has the pink, LOVES it, so yeah...you may need it lol

Latest posts