Medgal07

Jumping up & down...I cannot wait to get this in my hands
greengrin.gif
Yeah---we'll buy it, then not use it because it's so pretty
lol.gif

elkaknits

Yeah---we'll buy it, then not use it because it's so pretty
lol.gif
ha ha I showed it to my husband last night and he was all why would they do that so I showed somebody's blog post that had 4 embossed Chanel powders side by side and said something to the effect that it was high end make it worth the pennies thing. He responded with I guess you need to buy two then

holysheep.gif
I wasn't planning on buying one much less two. egads

elegant-one

ha ha I showed it to my husband last night and he was all why would they do that so I showed somebody's blog post that had 4 embossed Chanel powders side by side and said something to the effect that it was high end make it worth the pennies thing. He responded with I guess you need to buy two then

holysheep.gif
I wasn't planning on buying one much less two. egads
Now that's ^^^ the spirit!
sweet.png
Very nice hubs

Prettypackages

I was on BBB's site for a review on Nars BLKR things and saw this~ please mods feel free to whoosh to appropriate thread. Looks lovely and I hadn't heard of it yet:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2014/04/chanel-dentelle-precieuse.html

Dentelle Precieuse powder with a lace embossing on it... It neither looks too pink or too yellow/gold and it doesn't seem super pale or dark. Looks a good neutral. I might have to ask my Chanel gal if she is getting it
ohhh pretty!

cheburaha

Fellow Canadian Chanel and Bay store lover here...what is this beauty you guys are referring to????
It's the new Poudre Dentelle Precieuse, a highlighting powder with lace pattern. You can check the pictures here: http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/2014/03/28/chanel-dentelle-precieuse-illuminating-powder-le/

xfarrax

that highlighter is going on my list right now!! I have to attend a wedding on the 25th which when it releases here in the uk but I will definitely MAKE time to get myself down to selfridges to pick up this beauty! have already put it in my calendar with alarm hahahaha ......
th_wink3.gif

PeachTwist

Are there any NC15 girls in here?

I'd love to know what kind of foundation shades you use from Chanel as it's one of two brands (Lancome) I can't seem to guess online and I don't have a counter/store anywhere close to me to get a sample of.

Any help would be appreciated and it doesn't matter which foundations!

User38

I'd love to know what kind of foundation shades you use from Chanel as it's one of two brands (Lancome) I can't seem to guess online and I don't have a counter/store anywhere close to me to get a sample of.

I use B10 in vitalumiere aqua, and also B12 which has a bit more of pink (for those days when I am hungover lol). I just bought the new velvet fndn in B12 also. I am MAC 15, MUFE 117 for ref.

Lancome, I use the Teinte Miracle in B0-01.. it's an Asia only colour, but I get it sent to me. Other shades from Lancome tend to oxidize on me and make me look a bit orangey... grr. Stick to level 1 shades, they will be a better match in either brand imo.

PeachTwist

I use B10 in vitalumiere aqua, and also B12 which has a bit more of pink (for those days when I am hungover lol). I just bought the new velvet fndn in B12 also. I am MAC 15, MUFE 117 for ref.

Lancome, I use the Teinte Miracle in B0-01.. it's an Asia only colour, but I get it sent to me. Other shades from Lancome tend to oxidize on me and make me look a bit orangey... grr. Stick to level 1 shades, they will be a better match in either brand imo.
Ah, thank you! Skin twin, thank god! So now I'll just buy whatever foundations you say (god help my wallet). I presume as I don't drink and don't get hungover I should just stick with B10?

Is B0-01 Beige Porcelaine? If so, I'm in luck - it's seemingly in the UK! Though judging by the photo, the colour must be way off as it's very pink online and I'm for definite yellow, lol.

User38

Ah, thank you! Skin twin, thank god! So now I'll just buy whatever foundations you say (god help my wallet). I presume as I don't drink and don't get hungover I should just stick with B10?

Is B0-01 Beige Porcelaine? If so, I'm in luck - it's seemingly in the UK! Though judging by the photo, the colour must be way off as it's very pink online and I'm for definite yellow, lol.
no, B0-01 is alabaster.. yellow base. If it says "porcelaine" it will generally be a pinker shade.

B12 in Chanel Vita and Velvet is a bit pinker.. but not much as these are very sheer. B10 is more yellow.

PeachTwist

no, B0-01 is alabaster.. yellow base. If it says "porcelaine" it will generally be a pinker shade.

B12 in Chanel Vita and Velvet is a bit pinker.. but not much as these are very sheer. B10 is more yellow.
Ah okay. I see 01 Beige Alabtre (alabaster?) and 010 porcelaine. Thanks for the pink tip!

Does Chanel/Lancome use the same system all across their colouring or does it differ? Like say B10 in Vita, would it also be B10 in Velvet too? Sorry for all the questions!

User38

Ah okay. I see 01 Beige Alabtre (alabaster?) and 010 porcelaine. Thanks for the pink tip!

Does Chanel/Lancome use the same system all across their colouring or does it differ? Like say B10 in Vita, would it also be B10 in Velvet too? Sorry for all the questions!
glad to be of help darling.. B10 in either Chanel Velvet or Vitalumiere is almost the same.

when you have another digit, like B 12, then you are getting pink in the mix.

any cosmetic product with "porcelaine" will usually have a pink tinge..

Lancome uses different numbering system, but if you stick to a base 1, then you should be ok.. and not porcelaine.

Monsy

i am nc15
chanel beige 10
lancome beige alabtre i think

PeachTwist

i am nc15
chanel beige 10
lancome beige alabtre i think
Thanks, love! :)

shadowaddict

Nordies is having a buy one get one on all mascaras. I think it officially starts at the end of the month but you can do a pre-sale. I think I'm going to add more to my pre-sale. It didn't occur to me as I was placing my order what a great little gift to put with gift cards for my nieces birthday gifts. They will be thrilled. Sorry if this is info has already been shared & I missed it. I also wasn't sure where to post since it applies to any brand.

honey on boost

Nordies is having a buy one get one on all mascaras. I think it officially starts at the end of the month but you can do a pre-sale. I think I'm going to add more to my pre-sale. It didn't occur to me as I was placing my order what a great little gift to put with gift cards for my nieces birthday gifts. They will be thrilled. Sorry if this is info has already been shared & I missed it. I also wasn't sure where to post since it applies to any brand.
TY! Perfect timing since I'll need new mascara soon.

Monsy

I just did nordstrom chat and it is not buy 1 get 1 it will be as usual buy 2 get 1 and the date is may 24th

Latest posts