General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

@elegant-one the upcoming Infrarose lipstick made me think of that rose Rouge Allure you loved so much years ago. Maybe it’s just the way I remember that one because I don’t have it anymore. Do you remember the one I mean? Could it have been called Joyeuse? That's what I came up with after cheating on Cafemakeup! Anyway it really looks nothing like the upcoming one! :doh::roflmao:

CHANEL BEAUTY on Instagram: “FROM THE SHOW… Go behind the scenes of the #CHANELSpringSummer 2019 Ready-to-Wear show to discover the season's makeup look. LE VOLUME…”

Last edited:

elegant-one

@elegant-one the upcoming Infrarose lipstick made me think of that rose Rouge Allure you loved so much years ago. Maybe it’s just the way I remember that one because I don’t have it anymore. Do you remember the one I mean? Could it have been called Joyeuse? That's what I came up with after cheating on Cafemakeup! Anyway it really looks nothing like the upcoming one! :doh::roflmao:

CHANEL BEAUTY on Instagram: “FROM THE SHOW… Go behind the scenes of the #CHANELSpringSummer 2019 Ready-to-Wear show to discover the season's makeup look. LE VOLUME…”

LOL! Well I love Joyeuse. It's a much lighter pink. I'm definitely getting Infrarose. I'm sure I have something close to it but can't think of any names right now ;)

elegant-one

Thanks for the video. I really, really love the makeup look in it...& the clothes lol. I'm going to get 2 of those trio essential palettes. The pink in the video & the one with the red.

Winthrop44

LOL! Well I love Joyeuse. It's a much lighter pink. I'm definitely getting Infrarose. I'm sure I have something close to it but can't think of any names right now ;)

Thanks for the video. I really, really love the makeup look in it...& the clothes lol. I'm going to get 2 of those trio essential palettes. The pink in the video & the one with the red.
Yes, when I saw Joyeuse on Liz I was like...what was I thinking? I may be thinking of another one you loved but I have no clue what the name might have been. Infrarose does look like a familiar Chanel shade to me though. I almost ordered the Palette Essentielle in Beige Clair the other day and then...just didn't. I will eventually I'm sure. Which is the one with the red you like?

elegant-one

Yes, when I saw Joyeuse on Liz I was like...what was I thinking? I may be thinking of another one you loved but I have no clue what the name might have been. Infrarose does look like a familiar Chanel shade to me though. I almost ordered the Palette Essentielle in Beige Clair the other day and then...just didn't. I will eventually I'm sure. Which is the one with the red you like?

There definitely is one very close to it. I may dig around today to see if I can find it. 180 ROSE PETALE & Red one - 170 BEIGE INTENSE. I'm also thinking about getting RAV 43 LA FAVORITE. I should see if I can find a swatch of that one first.

So which is being used in the video, Beige Clair or Rose Petale? I swatched BC & it is more of a muted neutral peachy rose. I think I prefer Rose Petale

Oh, I still really want the boy balm lol Are we sure that is the boy balm in the videos? It looks like it has a pink cast to it. Could just be lighting too I guess.

(SS/2019) · Baume Essentielle Sculpting (SS/2019) I wonder if it is different.

Last edited:

Winthrop44

There definitely is one very close to it. I may dig around today to see if I can find it. 180 ROSE PETALE & Red one - 170 BEIGE INTENSE. I'm also thinking about getting RAV 43 LA FAVORITE. I should see if I can find a swatch of that one first.

So which is being used in the video, Beige Clair or Rose Petale? I swatched BC & it is more of a muted neutral peachy rose. I think I prefer Rose Petale

Oh, I still really want the boy balm lol Are we sure that is the boy balm in the videos? It looks like it has a pink cast to it. Could just be lighting too I guess.

(SS/2019) · Baume Essentielle Sculpting (SS/2019) I wonder if it is different.
Oh really? Maybe I don't want Beige Clair then. Guess it's a good thing I haven't ordered yet. I'd better look into them some more. Edit: Yep, I also like the looks of Rose Petale more, although Beige Clair could still be something I'd like for eyes. For some reason I was thinking the concealer would only be ok for me in Beige Clair but that one looks fine too. I'd really like to see them all in person. Sigh.

I have to go back and look at the video again but iirc she seemed to be using two. I believe the Baume Essentielle Sculpting is a new highlighter stick that we will get in January along with that rose lipstick. Boy Balm is a matte lip balm available in Asia now. I have not heard anything about us getting it here so far, but the Boy de Chanel collection seems to be big in many magazines/online sites so I think probably it will be everywhere eventually:

Chanel Is Launching Boy de Chanel, a Makeup Line for Men | Allure

Ok, here it says it was launched first in South Korea and will be made available worldwide in November! So that's good news.

Chanel Introducing First Men’s Makeup Line – WWD

Last edited:

elegant-one

Oh really? Maybe I don't want Beige Clair then. Guess it's a good thing I haven't ordered yet. I'd better look into them some more. Edit: Yep, I also like the looks of Rose Petale more, although Beige Clair could still be something I'd like for eyes. For some reason I was thinking the concealer would only be ok for me in Beige Clair but that one looks fine too. I'd really like to see them all in person. Sigh.

I have to go back and look at the video again but iirc she seemed to be using two. I believe the Baume Essentielle Sculpting is a new highlighter stick that we will get in January along with that rose lipstick. Boy Balm is a matte lip balm available in Asia now. I have not heard anything about us getting it here so far, but the Boy de Chanel collection seems to be big in many magazines/online sites so I think probably it will be everywhere eventually:

Ok, here it says it was launched first in South Korea and will be made available worldwide in November! So that's good news.

Ok, that makes sense to me. On the palettes, I was concerned about the concealer shades too. The BC was fairly light on me, so I think the RP one should be ok. I love how they use it to just touch up on the face.

brightfairy

Is 'Infrarose' a RA or a RAV? If it is a RA, I would think of a colour called 'Romy' (which I like very much, but it's 'younger' than, I think, the one you're talking about); if it is a RAV, I don't know, but perhaps it looks a little bitte like the old 'Exubérante' (more fuschia). By the way: I adore RAC La Favorite, but it has a much more 'orangy'-warm touch than 'Infrarose', as far as I remember. I'm looking forward to 'Infrarose', in any case. Spring is far away, but nevertheless...

elegant-one

I just ordered Modern ls & 180 Rose Petale palette.

elegant-one

Is 'Infrarose' a RA or a RAV? If it is a RA, I would think of a colour called 'Romy' (which I like very much, but it's 'younger' than, I think, the one you're talking about); if it is a RAV, I don't know, but perhaps it looks a little bitte like the old 'Exubérante' (more fuschia). By the way: I adore RAC La Favorite, but it has a much more 'orangy'-warm touch than 'Infrarose', as far as I remember. I'm looking forward to 'Infrarose', in any case. Spring is far away, but nevertheless...

It just might be Exuberante. I haven't had a chance to look yet. I think you're right.

elegant-one

I just noticed in Winthrop's video link, the list of products shows 2:

BAUME ESSENTIEL Transparent, available from January
BAUME ESSENTIEL Sculpting, available from January

awickedshape

I just noticed in Winthrop's video link, the list of products shows 2:

BAUME ESSENTIEL Transparent, available from January
BAUME ESSENTIEL Sculpting, available from January

The first link (I think it was HCB?) posted in the thread said "sculpting" and I wondered how it could be so light... but it caught my eye anyway lol

elegant-one

The first link (I think it was HCB?) posted in the thread said "sculpting" and I wondered how it could be so light... but it caught my eye anyway lol

:) So do you think there are 2? I'm confused LOLOL...although that is not unusual for me.

Yes, I went back & checked & I see that now. I guess they must mean sculpting with a highlighter/lighter shade :confused::p

Last edited:

Winthrop44

I guess there must be 2? But one looks transparent the other looks more like iridescent pink....not really my idea of sculpting. Maybe those were one in the same and they don't actually show the sculpting one?

elegant-one

I guess there must be 2? But one looks transparent the other looks more like iridescent pink....not really my idea of sculpting. Maybe those were one in the same and they don't actually show the sculpting one?

Yeah, I thought it has a pinkish cast to it too. What do you think of the es palette?

awickedshape

:) So do you think there are 2? I'm confused LOLOL...although that is not unusual for me.

Yes, I went back & checked & I see that now. I guess they must mean sculpting with a highlighter/lighter shade :confused::p

That's what I started thinking...

I guess we'll see pretty soon, given how these collections are rolling out

Latest posts