General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

I'm glad you told me that because I was going to order it next. I really love True Red. It's beautiful lightly on the cheeks too.
You could probably pull Fresh Red off better than me because I’m kinda red shy anyway. Live Chat said it was the closest in color to Invincible RA Liquid Powder but the samples I had of Invincible were way more wearable for me. How does True Red compare to holiday #837 in terms of shade?

elegant-one

You could probably pull Fresh Red off better than me because I’m kinda red shy anyway. Live Chat said it was the closest in color to Invincible RA Liquid Powder but the samples I had of Invincible were way more wearable for me. How does True Red compare to holiday #837 in terms of shade?
I found a bunch of those Invincible samples the other day. I really like it on.

True Red (top) is a bit deeper blue red & 837 (bottom) is just a bit lighter but they are pretty close. It's getting dark but I was able to get this swatch photo ;)

Winthrop44

They are so beautiful! I think the Holiday 837 is a bit more everyday wearable & it really lasts. Thanks
I'm really weird. :crazy: Even though I like the shade of Invincible and it felt good on I don't like the look of the full size tube and the idea of it being a powder. That's partly why I'm not too excited for the WA lip palette either I guess. I just like regular old bullets. It's surprisng I can deal with the little RA Ink tubes. For some reason they don't bug me. I'm going to order 837 for now but will probably get True Red at some point too!

elegant-one

I'm really weird. :crazy: Even though I like the shade of Invincible and it felt good on I don't like the look of the full size tube and the idea of it being a powder. That's partly why I'm not too excited for the WA lip palette either I guess. I just like regular old bullets. It's surprisng I can deal with the little RA Ink tubes. For some reason they don't bug me. I'm going to order 837 for now but will probably get True Red at some point too!
I don't know if it was the sample of Invincible, but it didn't wear very well on me. I agree, I prefer regular bullets too. I didn't get the pink holiday one yet. I'm really anxious to see exactly what the shade looks like on.

I also bought the nude pink & darker berry red shades from Guerlain's holiday collection. Haven't received those yet either. I also bought the Merry red & merry black cases for them. They're kinda cool looking.
Honestly, I think you'll really like 837. I really love the case too. It's very chic and elegant. I'm surprised they sold out so fast on Nordies.

Which shade do you like on more, Harmonie or Mauvy Nude?

Last edited:

Winthrop44

I don't know if it was the sample of Invincible, but it didn't wear very well on me. I agree, I prefer regular bullets too. I didn't get the pink holiday one yet. I'm really anxious to see exactly what the shade looks like on.

I also bought the nude pink & darker berry red shades from Guerlain's holiday collection. Haven't received those yet either. I also bought the Merry red & merry black cases for them. They're kinda cool looking.
Honestly, I think you'll really like 837. I really love the case too. It's very chic and elegant. I'm surprised they sold out so fast on Nordies.

Which shade do you like on more, Harmonie or Mauvy Nude?
Maybe Harmonie for this time of year but I’m really happy with both.

elegant-one

Just got and tried on Rose holiday shade. It's very pretty and flattering. Doesn't really look like the photo. It's a MLBB with beautiful tones of slight mauve and rose. I really love it on. The texture on these is so light and soft.

Icecaramellatte

I had a chance to swatch many of these yesterday. There are soooo many shades. They all looked great. 224 Harmonie was one of my favorites. It's almost a deeper mauvey nude, which btw, I totally love. I was disappointed that the red velvet holiday gift zippered bag had tiny gold tinsel around it which you don't really see in the photos. It made the bag look kinda tacky.

I ordered the last Rose Delicieux last night and 837 red this morning. Both sold out on Nordstrom.

What does 837 look like? I just. saw it in the special packaging on Neiman's site and I want it just for the special packaging, They have it in the coffers like the perfumes. So cute. Is that what you got or regular. packaging?

EDIT - Sorry Elegant - I didn't read through the thread before posting so I didn't see your pics. I did call my Nordies today and they said they still didn't have the holiday collection. I'm trying to hold out for them. I'm not in a rush for anything. I'm just curious about whether the highlighter will work for me. However if that duo highlighter pops up on the chanel site, I am not waiting because I do think that one will work for me. One of the youtubers, I think it was AngelaRose, said it might be an online exclusive. Can anyone confirm this? It looked really pretty. Did anyone watch her video? Maybe I'll check the Chanel boutique and see what they have. I have not gone there in a while.

Last edited:

elegant-one

What does 837 look like? I just. saw it in the special packaging on Neiman's site and I want it just for the special packaging, They have it in the coffers like the perfumes. So cute. Is that what you got or regular. packaging?

EDIT - Sorry Elegant - I didn't read through the thread before posting so I didn't see your pics. I did call my Nordies today and they said they still didn't have the holiday collection. I'm trying to hold out for them. I'm not in a rush for anything. I'm just curious about whether the highlighter will work for me. However if that duo highlighter pops up on the chanel site, I am not waiting because I do think that one will work for me. One of the youtubers, I think it was AngelaRose, said it might be an online exclusive. Can anyone confirm this? It looked really pretty. Did anyone watch her video? Maybe I'll check the Chanel boutique and see what they have. I have not gone there in a while.
I just noticed the special packaging! Not sure I would have paid more for it unless it was a real snow globe!!!!:roflmao: It's very pretty on.

Dreamsfashion

So what are the chances spring collection comes early? Does anybody else remember getting spring items in their Christmas stockings?:sneaky: I didn't buy anything from the holiday collectiono_O and I used to buy almost everything!

Rinstar

So what are the chances spring collection comes early? Does anybody else remember getting spring items in their Christmas stockings?:sneaky: I didn't buy anything from the holiday collectiono_O and I used to buy almost everything!

Yes BF usually gets me some spring items for Christmas! Typically mid-December from my memory.

MaryJane

Did anyone purchase the Tweed Pink blush that was the Cyber Monday special? I wore mine today and the pigment was almost nonexistent. I layered it quite a few times and I barely saw anything. According to the Chanel site, you can’t return used products. I emailed them to see if there are any exceptions, I don’t want to be stuck with this blush.

Latest posts