General Chanel Chat

Dreamsfashion

These are my initial reviews-

MÉDITERRANÉEN eyeshadow palette:

I was hoping this was going to be a collection of nude/taupe-y colors, but they read more golden to me. I love the bottom right shade, which is a smoky bronze color, but on the fence about the others. The bottom left shade in particular looks odd on my eyelid. Like it has too much yellow in it or something? The top right shade has glitter in it. And I haven't bought a Chanel palette in years, I didn't realize how ridiculously tiny the pans had gotten. I know all the makeup YouTubers are loving though!

ROUGE ALLURE VELVET LA COMÈTE in Brun Celeste:

I thought this was going to be a rich, opaque forumla but it's more sheer, and a little patchy. But what I really wasn't expecting was silver glitter in the formula. Why all the freaking glitter in these collections? Would have been better for the holiday collection. I love the color though so trying to make it work.

N°1 DE CHANEL LIP AND CHEEK BALM in Wakeup Pink:

So most of the YouTubers didn't like this, but I do like this formula, haha. I didn't find it too tacky at all. The color isn't good for me though. I was hoping it was going to be a bright pinky coral, but it reads more reddish/orangey coral on me. I'm thinking about ordering Vital Beige or Healthy Pink, but Pica's color choices always skew muddy to me. Beige is always more reddish brown and Pinks are reddish or mauve.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I stumbled upon the Lip & Cheek Balms on Instagram yesterday, really tempted to order one now. 🙄 I'm so out of the loop. Are they part of the regular spring collection or are they exclusive to the Chanel site? They're up on the German site but I'd like to wait for other retailers if they get them, so I can use a coupon/gift card maybe. I'm eyeing Healthy Pink.

Winthrop44

I stumbled upon the Lip & Cheek Balms on Instagram yesterday, really tempted to order one now. 🙄 I'm so out of the loop. Are they part of the regular spring collection or are they exclusive to the Chanel site? They're up on the German site but I'd like to wait for other retailers if they get them, so I can use a coupon/gift card maybe. I'm eyeing Healthy Pink.
In the US they are exclusive to Chanel (online and boutiques) and Ulta. They won't be in dept stores or on their online sites. At least this is what I was told by Chanel online chat.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
In the US they are exclusive to Chanel (online and boutiques) and Ulta. They won't be in dept stores or on their online sites. At least this is what I was told by Chanel online chat.

Thank you! I'm pretty sure that's the case for Germany too then. Hm, I'll think about it for a bit and look for more swatches & reviews in the meantime.

r0mini0n

Are they part of the regular spring collection or are they exclusive to the Chanel site? They're up on the German site but I'd like to wait for other retailers if they get them, so I can use a coupon/gift card maybe. I'm eyeing Healthy Pink.

The Lip cheek balms are part of the N°1 De Chanel skincare (and tiny makeup) range.
In my country (Belgium) I just saw it online at Ici Paris XL (our version of Sephora/Douglas/etc), and in France I've seen it online at Sephora, Nocibe, ...
My guess is that it'll probably come to the physical stores as well.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The Lip cheek balms are part of the N°1 De Chanel skincare (and tiny makeup) range.
In my country (Belgium) I just saw it online at Ici Paris XL (our version of Sephora/Douglas/etc), and in France I've seen it online at Sephora, Nocibe, ...
My guess is that it'll probably come to the physical stores as well.

Thank you, it's up on the Douglas site now and I saw it on Feelunique (UK) as well.

Temptalia has swatches of the balms. I'm a bit unsure about the shades now, but I guess Healthy Pink would be best for fair skin.

There's also going to be new eyeshadows Les Ombres Tweed coming (no idea when), I def. want to pick up one of these.
Chanel came in strong 2022..
May I please ask for your Chanel eyeshadow recommendations? I've been wearing mostly Natasha Denona and Charlotte Tilbury lately, and would love your thoughts!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I ended up ordering the Lip & Cheek Balm in Healthy Pink since I got 30% off. Just had a quick swatch and it definitely feels more like a lip balm than a cheek product. I did try it on my cheek and it does seem fine as long as you don't use a lot of product and work it in well.
Happy with the shade tho, it looks prettier in person than in any pics I saw online. Very subtle tho.

Seven Of Nine

I bought a new Chanel highlighter several days ago and in my opinion it is one of the most beautiful shades of highlighter. It is subtle, elegant, it illuminates the skin as if from the inside. Although the intensity can be graded, it is far from being the power of Pat McGrath.
If someone is looking for a delicate, unobtrusive and classy highlighter, Chanel will be perfect. I like strong highlighters, but I also appreciate subtlety and I was charmed by Reve de Chanel 😍

Latest posts