General Chat :)

cassandra-ellen

Hi guys,
Just wanted to say about some of the stuff i just brought from Mac! I have just started getting into it, and im slowly starting to build up my collection.
So far i have;
Painterly Paint Pot
Pro Palette
Newly Minted Eyeshadow
Spf 15 Foundation in NC30

Its small, but it makes me happy.
It my little present to myself every two weeks when i get paid. The next few things i want to get areeeee;
- 217 brush
- Constructivist Paint Pot
- A mineralized blush
- Carbon Eyeshadow
- Woodwinked Eyeshadow

Theres a million more, but those are what i want to try and get over a few weeks.
Do any of you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks guysssss

mac_addict.gif
i am now a Mac Addict... slowly.

emeraldjewels

Thats a cool list to start off with, I would say if you havent tried one yet get a fluidline and a pigment. They are really cool products to use and they are exactly what started my addiction
smiles.gif

LMD84

yeah i love my pigments - i have about 15 full sized and 20+ samples which is a great way of trying out different colours if you don't want a full sized one. I also love mac paints - my fave is stillife so check that out! it looks great under any eye colour or even under blush!

cassandra-ellen

Thanks a heap for the suggestions guys! I definatly want to get some pigments, they are on the even longer list i have! haha, i want to get the melon pigment.

Kiss and Makeup

I'd recommend pigment samples over the actual full jar, unless you're in love with the color. Cheryl is the sweetest woman you'll ever work with, and she has, like, 160+ colors to choose from. A lot of them are Pro, LE, or discontinued, so it's a great place to get samples from. Hers are also bigger than some of the other places I've seen.

I'd also suggest Satin Taupe eyeshadow. It's a great brownish grey color that's great for smoking eyes. I also really like Cork, Wedge, Folie, and Vanilla.

The holiday makeup stuff comes out soon - most of it's already out, but they have pigments and lipglosses, plus the brush sets. I have the face brush set already from this year and I REALLY like it. They're all short handled, but it's a great way to build your brush set.

I really like their fluidlines! I have a couple colors, but for non-black ones, I really like Macroviolet (violet) and Dipdown (brown).

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
ohh, and i definatly, definatly, definatly want the backtrack fluidline!!!!!

Blacktrack is a MUST purchase.....You are off to a great start!
thmbup.gif

cassandra-ellen

Thanks.
I really really want to get the Brushes in the Holiday collection for eyes, or the basic ones. Not too sure yet.
Thanks Kiss and Makeup
smiles.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Thanks.
I really really want to get the Brushes in the Holiday collection for eyes, or the basic ones. Not too sure yet.
Thanks Kiss and Makeup
smiles.gif

It's no problem! I hear they're cheaper at Nordstrom then they are at MAC. I got mine early so I'm okay with paying more for them. My friend got the eye set and she REALLY likes it. Either one is a great choice
greengrin.gif

ladyJ

I love the 224 brush!! I use that brush more than any brush.

I'm slowly building my eyeshadow collection too.

Are you more into neutrals or color? If you like neutrals, I like wedge, tempting, woodwinked, ricepaper, espresso, satin taupe, all that glitters, and carbon. If you want some more color you should try sketch, cranberry, humid, steamy, and star violet.

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu7
mac 187 and fluidline blacktrack are musthaves

I have a dupe of the 187, of course not as good, but will do me for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
It's no problem! I hear they're cheaper at Nordstrom then they are at MAC. I got mine early so I'm okay with paying more for them. My friend got the eye set and she REALLY likes it. Either one is a great choice
greengrin.gif

I dont think we have a Nordstrom here in Australia. Thats good for your friend! Thanks aloottttttt!!!!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
I love the 224 brush!! I use that brush more than any brush.

I'm slowly building my eyeshadow collection too.

Are you more into neutrals or color? If you like neutrals, I like wedge, tempting, woodwinked, ricepaper, espresso, satin taupe, all that glitters, and carbon. If you want some more color you should try sketch, cranberry, humid, steamy, and star violet.

Thanks a heap for the suggestions. Im not too sure what i am, but i think i like a darker eye, but i think neutrals and colour are really quite pretty.
thmbup.gif

cassandra-ellen

So i have figured out what im going to get;

Eyeshadows
Woodwinked- $23 pan form
Carbon- $23 pan form
Tempting- $23 pan form

Quads
Spiced Chocolate- $72

Brushes
217- $37

Paint Pots
Constructivist- $35

Blush
Love thing or Love joy (Mineralized)- $43

Total- $256

Im going to get this next week, cause im going to do a whole heap of overtime to be able to afford it! Haha.

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
So i have figured out what im going to get;

Eyeshadows
Woodwinked- $23 pan form
Carbon- $23 pan form
Tempting- $23 pan form

Quads
Spiced Chocolate- $72

Brushes
217- $37

Paint Pots
Constructivist- $35

Blush
Love thing or Love joy (Mineralized)- $43

Total- $256

Im going to get this next week, cause im going to do a whole heap of overtime to be able to afford it! Haha.

That is a *great* list. I'm jealous of your overtime! We don't have any right now and we won't start getting it until February. And about not having a Nordstrom, I'll tell you what. I'll give you Nordstrom if I can have the kangaroos
greengrin.gif

cassandra-ellen

Ohh, i dont have alot of money, but ended up going to my 'local' mac counter and brought zoomlash. I know alot of people have mixed reviews about this, but i decided that i would try it for my self. Plus Louloud(87?) likes the mac mascaras.
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
That is a *great* list. I'm jealous of your overtime! We don't have any right now and we won't start getting it until February. And about not having a Nordstrom, I'll tell you what. I'll give you Nordstrom if I can have the kangaroos
greengrin.gif

Haha. Your so sweet.
I might have to think over the nordstrom for kangaroos idea! lol

cassandra-ellen

So i think i've changed my mind on what i will get. Im going to get some eeyeshadows to fill my palette. I think i might get;
Carbon
Woodwinked
Tempting
Cranberry
Plum Dressing
Retrospeck
Satin Taupe

And the Spiced Chocolate quad.

That would give me 11 eyeshadows to put into my palette. And i think i will also got the 217 still

Whatcha think?

Kiss and Makeup

I definitely recommend the 217. I have one, and I need about 3 more. I use this brush about 4 times in my daily look, and for more than just eyeshadow. I contour my nose and cheeks with it, and blend the eye and do the crease. The spiced chocolate quad is gorgeous, and worth the money. Your eyeshadows are good picks. I have most of those. If you end up not liking Plum Dressing or Cranberry try Folie. I prefer that one over the other two, but it's personal preference. They look too orange on me, but I have pink undertones. Everything turns orange on me.