Gesso Matte White

sunshine817

i bought gesso eyeshadow for about a year now and i don't know what to do with it. what kind of look can i do? it's a matte white and what do i pair it with? it's a bold color to play with. please help, thanks!

VintageAqua

I like using it as an inner corner highlight with a 239 brush.

It also looks great when I pack it on the lid and blend it with warm tone browns and winged liner for a pin up style look.

Sometimes it can look a little garish as a highlighter but if you want to tone down a frostier color, dab some of it into Gesso with a less dense brush like 224 or 217.

LMD84

i agree that using it for an inner corner highlight looks nice. i also think it looks nice on the lid with lilac and purple shadows in the crease.

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i agree that using it for an inner corner highlight looks nice. i also think it looks nice on the lid with lilac and purple shadows in the crease.

I agree. It is a very sheer matte, but I was surprised when I swatched it against all my other MAC whites that it has noticeable blue undertone; which is why it looks good particularly as a wash with lavender's/purple's & why it brightens the eyes if placed in the inner corner.

obscuria

I sometimes use it as a base for other shadows to make them pop more.
Inner corner highlight or even as a brow highlight.
Lately I've been doing gesso on the inner third, stars N rockets in the outer V, seedy pearl to blend between the two.

Lyssah

I often wear it in the inner lid with melon pigment applied lightly over it with a 217 brush.. and with rule, and coppering on the rest of the lid.. it sounds weird, I'll try find a photo that demonstrates it.

LionQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie
Does anyone else find Gesso really hard to work with?

I guess so...

Latest posts