Gesso's gettin' the boot?!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
thats weird if they did...i dont own that color. is it a matte or a matte2? i like matte2's better. they seem to have better color payoff for me than the regular matte shadows.

its a matte, but if they do get rid of it they better replace it with a matte2!

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
If they improve it...it better have better colour payoff lolz I'm having the hardest time getting it to show up on my NC25 skin...arg.

DITTO! I bought Gesso a while back but returned it because it was chalky, and hardly showed up on me
ssad.gif
Still on the search for a great matte white.

Frosting

I never use my Gesso because it always looks weird and unflattering on me no matter what I do, but it still seems like an odd shade to discontinue.
hmm.gif

Shadowy Lady

arghhh...I don't own Gesso! Every time I go to my counter to get it they're out of stock (pf this and Blankety l/s). I need to go to my freestanding this week and get it

retrofox

I don't have Gesso in my collection (one of the few I don't have..go figure), but I do own UD's Yeyo (matte) and it shows up very well on my NC25 skin. So I guess this would make a good alt. if Gesso is d/c?

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
arghhh...I don't own Gesso! Every time I go to my counter to get it they're out of stock (pf this and Blankety l/s). I need to go to my freestanding this week and get it

The counters don't carry Gesso, so you would have had to come see us at the freestanding anyway
smiles.gif

abbyquack

i heard this rumor at my mac too and was really surprised to hear it b/c as everyone's mentioned it's odd to d/c the only matte white. But at the same time it's not got that great of color pay off if what you want is a stark matte white. At least in my makeup class when I've used it I've needed to use procake underneath to really make it look white.
th_dunno.gif

User38

nooooooooo.. I love Gesso and use it a lottttt...omg. I must get some backups -- this is the best white matte for photos
ssad.gif

paperfishies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
The counters don't carry Gesso, so you would have had to come see us at the freestanding anyway
smiles.gif

My local Macy's MAC counter carries Gesso. I haven't bought one there in about 3 months but it's where I got 3 of mine.