Get ready for August! (aka: Brainstorm looks for school/work)

VeganChick

Oh, so I'll give y'all a head start to brainstorm for my (first!) August challenge. The only requirement is something work/school-safe, meaning you can have fun, but don't go all out. I know I wouldn't wanna be wearing Turquatic or Parrot to an 8 o'clock class. Not to mention how distracting and semi-disrespectful that would be.

Soo...something fun that might catch the eye a little, but nothing too outrageous. However, you get props if you can still see it behind glasses.
greengrin.gif

(Mostly this is to spark me out of my habit of simply wearing foundation, blush and a swipe of mascara to school...)

YvetteJeannine

Just a thought; I don't think it would be distracting/disrespectful to wear some of the "brighter" shades (Turquatic, A'disiac, Parrot, etc) if they're applied correctly.
smiles.gif
IMO, the catch is all in the application technique. Of course, if you app'd them like you were going raving..then that's a diff. story..but I THINK they can be worn just fine for work/school if they're app'd w/ a light hand/just in crease lightly..etc. Just a thought
2cents.gif

NutMeg

I also don't think any kind of makeup, regardless of how garish can be considered disrespectful. Poor taste maybe, and definately distracting but I don't think disrespectful is the right word.

aeni

Makeup is not disrespectful to Theatre majors and their classes! You may forever be tagged with another nickname by friends though and your teacher may never forget you. Which could be a good thing.

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
Makeup is not disrespectful to Theatre majors and their classes! You may forever be tagged with another nickname by friends though and your teacher may never forget you. Which could be a good thing.

Agreed. I woke up almost a full hour ish early for my ballet class that was across the street, just so I could do a light moiusturize, cover problem spots and then do my eyes.

My teacher loved it. I was always so colorful, and everyone could tell I'd gone shopping at the MAC store YET AGAIN.
haha...

I loved when everyone would tell me how great my eyes looked
smiles.gif

vintage queen

I think if you go all out for something professional it can be disrespectful. 6 different neon colors up to your eyebrows and not always appropriate. Jewel tones with gold or brown are good for school or work.