• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Get some real use out of those LE compacts!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_pr0mise
if you do this, is the other compact still able to use for the B2M?

I haven't tried, but if you have an empty pan and shroud to pop into the empty compact i don't think it would be an issue... it'd be just like a normal empty powder container!

macaholic2912

great idea!
so many people talking about their diana ross compacts and ive never even seen a picture of one!does anyone have a picture?x

resin

sweet i just did this with my heatherette smooth harmony and replace it with sunsparked pearl :]

Ms. Z

I would love to re-use my Tailormade compact, but I'm too scared to try it.

Do any of you think the Mineralize skinfinish Powder will fit in the bp compact?

mizuki~

OH! Thank you! Now I can keep my Heatherette compact with me forever!
yahoo.gif
YAYYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaholic2912
great idea!
so many people talking about their diana ross compacts and ive never even seen a picture of one!does anyone have a picture?x

I wanna see too..Sounds so pretty!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
sorry to sound dumb but do we just pop the shroud out like you would do when u are depotting an e/s?

Sorry for the delayed response - yep, it's very similar to popping out the shroud when depotting. this is just a technique which shouldn't damage the compact, the shroud or the powder when done carefully.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
Do any of you think the Mineralize skinfinish Powder will fit in the bp compact?

The mineralize skinfinishes won't fit in a BP compact, due to size and height. The "pan" on an MSF is a terracotta deal that is stuck into the compact, not a metal pan in a shroud like the BPs/plain pressed powders.

MsCocoa

I'm so glad I found this Smooth Harmony is nice but at least now I can use my Heatherette compact forever!

Glimmergem

This is a great idea! I've been dying to take my LE compact out and about, but I don't need to carry beauty powder with me every where. Thanks for a great tutorial! Off to go try it.

nleslie

You actually don't need a nail file. You know the little button you press to open the compact? Push it *up* and the black shroud will lift up slightly. If you can manage, slide your nail into the little gap between the compact and the shroud and slide your nail around towards the mirror slightly and the shroud will pop out. Does that make sense?

I am -so- swapping the compacts when I get my Select Sheer pressed on Friday! No more drama! Woot woo!
greengrin.gif

the pictures aren't showing up D:
I'd really love to know how to save LE compacts. Could anyone possibly repost pictures? Please and thanks!

redambition

Oh, that is weird!

Let me go try and see where those images were, and re-do them!

**EDIT*** Ok, I am clearly more organised than I thought... The original images were in the old Specktra gallery (and I don't know where that is now!) I found the originals on my computer pretty quickly, so it should be working now :eek:)

Latest posts