Get to know each other!

Janice

Okay Specktrites! There are so many wonderful new members on the forum, it's been so long since we had the opportunity to get to know each other. This thread is a way for us to get to know you and also catch up with long time forum members as well (WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU UP TO THESE DAYS!), lol. I'll start with some basic questions and you can reply with your own, feel free to add questions to it - let's see where this goes!!

Name: Janice
Where you live: Denver, CO USA
Hobbies: Reading Science Fiction (Just started the Halo series), playing computer games (DayZ, LoL mostly atm), and finding ways to enjoy my new home city and the beautiful mountains!
What you do for a living: I work retail! I know, I know, retail sucks. I honestly love what I do and I work for a great company. I am also not on the sales floor, I work in our Service Experience department educating new employees and ensuring our customers problems are solved. It's challenging everyday, but I quite enjoy it. I would love to be able to just work from home on Specktra FT, that's my ultimate goal!
What you don't know about me: I am a huge geek, I love playing competitive multiplayer games like MOBA's and I also get quite alot of enjoyment out of raiding end game on MMO's.
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Okay so I have this Dior bronzer from 2 or 3 summers ago (Diorskin Nude Glow 001 Aurora). This bronzer is AMAYzing, seriously it's like the HG of bronzers. I have been wearing EVERYDAY as blush and it's just the most complimentary color. I've barely made a dent in it, but I am obsessing over the day I run out already (it was LE).
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): FOUNDATION. I am such a foundation whore, if it's new and shiny I can not resist. My vanity has at least 8 foundations from various high ends brands and even one recent foundation from covergirl.
holysheep.gif

Some pictures of my (doggie) family -

Okay, your turn!!

Name:
Where you live:
Hobbies:
What you do for a living:
What you don't know about me:
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!:
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already):

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'll play!

Name: Kate
Where you live: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Hobbies: Writing fiction (I'm actually a published author), DJ'ing, photography, video... I have a blog that's about half beauty related, but mostly just a reflection of all my interests jumbled up in one place.
What you do for a living: I work in marketing, currently for a company in the natural health area, but I've worked for many different types of companies, including skin care, home decor and even sporting goods
What you don't know about me: I'm a kind of obsessive researcher. I get interested in something and will read ANYTHING related to it until I can't find any new information anymore. If I'm not completely absorbed in a particular subject at any given time, I get bored and cranky.
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: I'm having a bit of a love affair with Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. Since they launched, I've probably worn at least one 6 days out of 7.
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Berry coloured lipsticks, the deeper the better. It's getting to the point where I can't even tell the difference between them.

Richelle83

Meant to do this earlier!

Name: Richelle
Where you live: Tampa, FL
Hobbies: Makeup, stained glass, blogging(sorta), music, movies, exercising(trying to make this something I do regularly lol)
What you do for a living: Right now I am a student, eventually will be a Project Manager.
What you don't know about me: Held my sisters foot while she delivered my first of four nephews. After that I swore I would not have kids...17yrs later still no kids! Oddly enough hubster is ok with not having kids.
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Probably the dermaroller. A lovely lass I met here got me hooked on it(which I need to revisit again soon).
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): MAC pigments, lipsticks and MSF's. Even though with my skintone some MSF's look the same, it doesn't matter, I need them all.

LiliV

Name: Ashley (nickname is Lili) Where you live:New York City Hobbies:Make up, fashion, travel, writing, video games (spent most of the weekend playing LA Noire) What you do for a living: Student/ part time daycare worker What you don't know about me:I am terrified of moths. I would rather swim with an eel or something than be in a room w a moth. Blech!!! They really gross me out. Furry feelers WHY!!?! What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Mac Cream Soda blush. Have had to force myself to mix it up and use others ever since I got it! Lol What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Coral lip colors. And mint too! I have a mint nail polish abuse problem

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Name: Dawn

Where you live: Mokena, IL, which is a far southwest suburb of Chicago. Yeah Blackhawks!!!

Hobbies: Helping on Specktra, makeup, swapping, ebay, I use lots of coupons, I love to enter contests, gardening to name a few.

What you do for a living: Right now, I am unemployed, so eBay is my income.

What you don't know about me: I am super anal retentive. Everything and I mean everything in my house has to be in its place and everything must be neat and tidy. I love to vacuum so I have rows in my carpet from the vacuum. I drive my family crazy, but there is nothing I can do about it. It is just the way I am. LOL Also, I love to share my coupons & good deals and will literally hunt down a deserving person in a store if I have a good coupon I can't use. Like at Express. They always look at me like I have 3 heads until they realize that I just saved them $25 on their purchase!

What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: hmmm... can't think of anything at the moment. I've been collecting makeup for so long that nothing thrills me much anymore. If I get my hands on the Tarte Aqualillies Palette tho, that would be my favorite.

What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Can't run out of brow pencil. I usually have 2-5 extras in my cabinet and start to sweat when I open the 2nd to the last one. =)

Ok, now who is next? C'mon people, introduce yourselves! Don't be shy!!

PixieDancer

Name: Taya
Where you live: Ohio and Las Vegas

Hobbies: Singing, Dancing, Scrapbooking, Photography, Sports Mom, Working Out, Fashion, Makeup
What you do for a living: MOM!, Model, Stage Performer, Actress, Singer, Dancer, Modeling/Talent Agent/Recruiter

What you don't know about me: I'm SUPER close to my family! My son is MY LIFE, My sister's my Best Friend, and I'm a HUGE Daddy's Girl!
I have been singing since I was 3 years old. I have a song on iTunes. When I was little I used to go to bars with my dad during the day when he would set up his equipment for gigs (he has been in bands all my life and we even had a recording studio in our house growing up). I would sing for everyone and anyone. I would stand on pool tables and belt out "Time After Time" like I was Cyndi Lauper herself! I guess that's where my lack of inhibition began. (heehee) My dad and I have written songs together and have even performed together in bands and duo acts. I have such an enormous respect for my father, as he was, and continues to be, such a great dad! And that is an incredibly important job! He has been a wonderful father-figure in my own son's life as well. This past Father's Day I was able to give him a Gretsch White Falcon Guitar... his DREAM gift he could never buy himself! It really seemed like a gift for me that I was able to show a tiny bit of my appreciation to this amazing man!

What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Smashbox CC Cream, Temptu Airbrush Makeup, MAC MSF's. I'm obsessed with creating the perfect face canvas!
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Eyeshadows and Highlighters!

Pic of me and some of my siblings jammin' in the studio with Dad! HeeHee (I'm the dark haired one in the middle dressed like a boy! LOL)

My daddy rockin' out on his new guitar! He calls himself "Falconman" now! HAHA

Last but NOT least... MY Little Quarterback! (on the left) *sorry I can't show you a better pic of my boy... I'm kinda protective that way!

VampyCouture

Name: Vanessa
Where you live: Kansas City, MO
Hobbies: Movies, reading, writing, traveling, dancing (for fun), music, shopping, running, discovering new places in cities, road trips, makeup, art
What you do for a living: I am a Billing Representative at a Fortune 500 company. Don't plan on staying there for long though. My goal is to be gone by 2014.
What you don't know about me: I have a twin sister! But she is not as into makeup as I am
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Mac's Cherry l/l, Mac's Strong Woman l/s, Mac's Golden Gaze MES, my UD Naked Palette, My Revlon colorstay whipped foundation, My Sleek blush in Mirrored Pink
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Berry/dark vampy lip colors, neutral palettes and highlighters!

josephine90

Name: Josephine
Where you live: Indiana
Hobbies: Makeup, Reading, Movies, Tv, Food and Shopping
What you do for a living: Stay at home wife since college graduation, decided to start working now, so job hunting
What you don't know about me: Im terrified of interviews and have huge stage fright which is why I chose not to work at first but I ve decided I need something to do
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: MAC Lavander Whip
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Highlighters, Blushes and Lipsticks

couturesista

Name: Shika
Where you live: Maryland
Hobbies: Anything Beauty Related
What you do for a living: Full Time Medical Lab Assistant Part Time MUA @ Sephora
What you don't know about me: A lot lol
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Laura Mercier Mascara and BE Bronzer
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Mascara and Blush

Hello, I've been a member here on Specktra for about 4 yrs or so, but I figured I'd update this for the new members and some members I haven't chatted with in a while!

sammanila

Name: Sam
Where you live: Seattle, WA
Hobbies: Besides cosmetics...painting, eating and cooking good food, white water rafting, reading (when I find time), walking around the city, planning events.
What you do for a living: Office work at a hospital.
What you don't know about me: I love to lurk around forums.

What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: NARS sheer glow foundation & MUF's HD powder
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Eyeliner!

GoldenGirl

Hey everyone! I just realized that I've never ventured into this section before. I do have other interests besides makeup. :)

Name: Cammie
Where do you live: NYC
Hobbies: Learning to play guitar, bike riding, watching television/films (especially from the 80s), eating at restaurants in the city (we've got everything here, sometimes too many choices!)
What do you do for a living: I work in television, so I don't feel so guilty that I watch quite a bit of it.
What you don't know about me: I LOVE drag makeup! I don't know how to do it and I don't think I have the things needed to create some of those looks, but I love the transformation aspect of drag. It really is art. I would love to have someone just sit me in a chair and transform me into a drag queen. Can a girl be a drag queen? I don't know, but I'd love it!
Favorite cosmetic item right now: NARS Sheer Glow. I know I'm late to the party but this stuff is fabulous! It's exactly what I want in a foundation: light/medium coverage, slightly matte finish, doesn't oxidize too much, perfect undertone, it's a dream!
What cosmetic item will you buy every time: Mascara! My HG is L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black. I've bought so many others, but this is the one I always come back to over and over again.

macgirl006

Hey y'alllllll Name: Mallisa Where do you live: Brooklyn, nyc hobbies: going out anywhere especially the malls, movies, restaurants and concerts. Hanging with my lil girl Chelsea. sometimes just cozying up to a scary movie with my hubby. What I do for a living: dental receptionist at a private office and I am quite happy with that even though I know it's not a career. It works as it's 8 blocks from my house. What you don't know about me: like many of you, I am makeup obsessed!!! It's ridic! My favourite line is MAC and I mostly purchase their matte lipsticks. Ruby Woo is my fav!! On my day off, I just look at makeup online, instores and spend alot of my time on Spectra even though I don't post much. What cosmetic will you buy everytime: Mac's studio fix foundation. i just lovvvvv.

cocotears

Name: Amber
Where you live: Maryland - (yay DMV!)
Hobbies: reading, GOOD tv, my blog
What you do for a living: right now i'm looking for a job, but i'm in grad school full time for industrial/organizational psychology
What you don't know about me: i've never been on an airplane! it's on my bucket list tho.

What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Benefit's Watt's Up! - i love the glow it gives me!
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): highlighters! i have to have all the highlighters!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Name: Shelly Where you live: Maine Hobbies: photography, music What you do for a living: I work for my parents. Let's just say I pretend to be a domestic diva by day. ;) What you don't know about me: I really like baseball and hockey. What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: MAC Feed the Senses l/s. It's sooooo pretty! What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): virtually anything that's a greyish-purple,

Tatiana87

Name: Tatiana

Where you live: Baxter, Minnesota

Hobbies: Makeup, Reading anything and everything that involves the zodiac signs (sun, moon, planetary aspects and so on) music, tv, movies, cooking, novelas.

What you do for a living: Nail tech, Housewife

What you don't know about me: I was born in Massachusetts but raised in Puerto Rico. I have also lived in Arkansas. I married an amazing man who has been in the military since he was 17. He is now 30. I got married at 18, I'm now 26. Never been to a night club. I don't drink. I got into makeup while my husband was overseas looking for an outlet to my worries. I really dislike the super bright under eye MU.I have a 6 year old Capricorn little girl named... Rihanna. <-- Not because of the Rihanna we all know but Ri from Ricardo + Ana from Tatiana =Rihanna (h and extra n are for pronunciation purpose)
blush-anim-cl.gif

What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Mac cream color bases plus face and body foundation.

What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Mac lipsticks. No matter how many or even if they are close in shade, color or whatever I will continue to buy.

LastContrast

Name: Rebecca
Where you live: Australia
Hobbies: Reading (as and when the kiddos let me!!!)
What you do for a living: Analyst
What you don't know about me: I am much paler than you'd expect for an Australian
What's your favorite cosmetic item RIGHT NOW!: Benefit Highbeam (an illuminator!)
What cosmetic item will you buy every time (no matter the fact you have 5 at home already): Revlon Colourstay in Premiuim Pink ... I can never run out of back up for this one as people alwys ask me what's wrong with me whenI don't have it on