Getting eyes to stand out!

Trashley

I wear lots of black eyeliner on top and on bottom. I think I have small eyes and probably think they are making them stand out by doing this but actually I don't think they do and I hear the rule is that it actually makes them look smaller. I also find that wearing so much makes me look grungey sometimes when I'm not the kind of person to even come close to a mosh pit. Without eyeliner though, my eyes are almost transparent looking. And of course like most women, feel naked without it.

How can I make my eyes stand out in a more pretty (yet dramatic) way without layer apon layer of black liner? I like the idea of using eyeshadows to do this but my application is horrible! IDK what to do!

30ihk3q.jpg

GalleyGirl

You're so pretty, you remind me of Rachel Bilson! Maybe try lining just the top, and try using a different color, like purple. Brown eyes look gorgeous w/ purple makeup. But all in all, i think your eyes look really nice in the makeup you have on now.

xsnowwhite

i like the makeup actually i think your eyes stand out alot. And i agree with the person above me, i thought that was rachel bilson!

gravity

You've got gorgeous eyes! The way you apply your liner certainly doesn't make your eyes look small
smiles.gif

You could try some white/neutral liner on your bottom waterline - that helps eyes look bigger and brighter. A colour like Mulch applied to the crease and just under your lower eyelashes might help too
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

you are really pretty-and I think the black eyeliner is nice on you
smiles.gif

However if you don't like it and you think it makes you feel more goth you can probably try a smokey eye with lavenders/grays with dark gray eyeliner

Maybe try MAC Petalescent on the browbone
MAC Creme de la violet from lashline to browbone
MAC Dove Feather in the crease and outer third of the eye

Then maybe take a grey e/l (MAC Phone number) and line your top lid
and if you can find a violet e/l like maybe MAC Lilacky on the lower lashline

That might work? It's a nice smokey eye but with the colors that traditionally help brown eyes to pop.

But to be very honest-I think your eyes look amazing as they are with the black eyeliner
smiles.gif

Trashley

Haha. Thanks, I've had the rachel bilson comment before! It's a compliment! I'll try everyones suggestions and see what works!!

prinzessin784

Actually, to bring attention to your eyes you want to highlight them with a frosty, white liner or shadow on the inside and outside corners of your eyes. That will make them stand out and appear bigger!

Naturellle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
Actually, to bring attention to your eyes you want to highlight them with a frosty, white liner or shadow on the inside and outside corners of your eyes. That will make them stand out and appear bigger!

Totally agree!

Another thing, you can line your upper lash w/black eyeliner and line your lower lash line w/a bright/light color w/a pencil or eyeshadow. I have trouble lining my lower lash w/eyeshadow so I use pencils. I would recommend MAC powerpoint pencil or MAC Technakohl Liner. They are so smooth, soft and last for hours. I usually get a frosty or shimmery color because it really makes my eyes stand out.

mizzTruLe

If you want your eyes to stand out...you definitely should use mac's white frost and put it in the inner corners of your eyes. or you can also use a white kohl pencil. it really does make your eyes pop, and wide awake.

Latest posts