GETTING original haircolor back..help!!

MACreation

OK...so i have medium brown hair

I had gotten caramel, light brown and blonde highlights to it...then got sick of them

So i died it dark brown with a semi-perm dye (i NEVER use permamnent)

Now the highlights are showing thru...how can i get back my original hair color??

Dreamergirl3

Ugh you're so lucky! I lightened my hair too, and dyed it with a permanent dye to dark brown and now its black
ssad.gif

anyway, i did everything I've heard of to bleed the dye. Yours should come almost completely out since its a semi perm (about 28 shampoos), but if you want to try and bleed it faster, these are the techniques that I've tried:
*Apply cheap clarifying shampoo like Suave or Purell to dry hair, work it through and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Shampoo/Rinse. Condition well.
*Add baking soda to the shampoo, use same technique as above, rinse, condition well.
* Mix 6-10 drops Dawn Dishwashing liquid to shampoo, lather, rinse. Condition well.
*Use a protein conditioner pack, or any conditioner/shampoo with proteins. Protiens can help pull the color off hair.

Now I've tried the first, second, and third one and they all helped the color bleed pretty well. In my opinion the ones that worked best were the first and third ones, though I used a 50%shampoo to 50% Dawn ratio cuz I was desperate. I conditioned well after each time and also used Infusium 23 spray moisturizing treatment which is a MIRACLE in a bottle! I haven't tried the protein thing yet, but those were the best tips I found on the net...and believe me, I'm friggin desperate to fade my color as much as possible! HTH and everything works out for you!

so_siqqq

I wouldn't really do that at-home "bleeding" thing. Just let it grow out a bit and fade on its own. Why risk damage by using dish washing liquid and baking soda?

Ada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
OK...so i have medium brown hair

I had gotten caramel, light brown and blonde highlights to it...then got sick of them

So i died it dark brown with a semi-perm dye (i NEVER use permamnent)

Now the highlights are showing thru...how can i get back my original hair color??

Your original hair color, without the highlights? You can't. When you get highlights they bleach your hair, i.e. remove the color. It's gone and there's nothing you can do but wait for it to grow out.

If you just want to remove the dark brown and go back to the medium brown with highlights, you can do what people have suggested and wash it a LOT and use dish detergent, etc. to help the color fade faster.

But if you want your "natural" hair color back, the best thing to do would be to go to a salon with a couple of clear pictures of what your hair used to look like, and have them dye it a shade that matches it. It'll still fade and you'll have to get it redone, but it'll keep things looking "natural" until the highlights grow out.

MACreation

Thanks girlies, I've spent so much at the salon recently and i don't wanna damage my hair any more...i am just gonna let it grow out!...thanks!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Yikes. sorry to tell you but your gonna have to wait for it to grow out. Even semi Perm. dont wash all the way out
oh.gif
/ ...

Latest posts